[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - exhaust
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

exhaust

exhaust

Postby parkc96 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:41 pm

hey guys ive been looking into a new cat back, i am set on getting custom piping made from my local shop but i am running into trouble on what kind of muffler i should get, i dont want it to be ricer ish but i love it loud and deep, i was thinking a skunk2 universal muffler i like those on a celica, is should sound kinda the same right? hit me up with any suggestions i am completely open.

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: exhaust

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:05 pm

parkc96 wrote:i love it loud and deep... i am completely open.

no homo.

l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby k-0tik » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:28 pm

^LMAO
k-0tik
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby parkc96 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:27 am

^^^ stupid troll! haha that is kinda funny but seriously any suggestions anyone?

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby chriscarter » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:18 am

Why yes, we do have a couple of suggestions:

1 - Do a site search for all the other exhaust questions just like yours that have already been asked.

2 - Post questions like this in the thread "Stupid and Redundant Questions"
chriscarter

Postby parkc96 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:53 am

1. i know it has been asked about a lot, but im asking muffler specifically and people ask alot but they ask about full exhaust im asking what mufflers only sound good
2. if your not going to help and are just gonna give me crap for asking an honest question then please leave this posting, not trying to be mean but i did search and didnt find much about specific just mufflers, only about the full cat-back's thank you! :D

parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 1gSE » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:07 am

Jeez this place is just turning into one big bitch session.

parkc96, I suggest finding a style of muffler you like and going to youtube for some sound clips. There will be variations between cars, but overall most n/a 4 cyls should sound somewhat similar (say that 3 times fast) Magnaflow should sound decent, just stay away from the huge cans and pick something that'll work with the look of the car. When I changed my muffler I went with something like http://www.discountexhaustsystems.com/shop/?Ntt=turbo+muffler&N=0&descid=gooppc with the stock tip welded on. I wasnt very loud, but it sounded good...like what the car should have sounded like from the factory.
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:08 am

park, you sure this is an entirely new question? it seems like we've been having a ton of threads like this recently. you also sure you couldn't find anything on the subject? i'm not gonna make accusations, it's just exhausts is one of the most widely talked about subjects on this forum...
http://solaraguy.com/search.php?keywords=exhaust&terms=all&author=&fid%5B%5D=2&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

on a side note...

bitch bitch bitch

no more censoring?

edit test:
crap ass screw

edit: so still some censoring
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ThatVietGuy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:25 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51956&hilit=muffler

You even posted in this topic...
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby chriscarter » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:31 pm

I think I have a solution.........

Since researching some sort of loud exhaust for your car seems like WAY too much trouble.......why not just make an MP3 recording of your favorite exhaust sound, then play it through your car's sound system at very high volume with the windows down? That way, you could still sound cool to people on the sidewalk, but wouldn't have to do anything real to achieve it.
chriscarter

Postby parkc96 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:49 pm

chriscarter... probably not gonna happen lol but sorry then guys i didnt think that it had been discussed much before i have searched it before, but at least it is bringing a little life back to this forum, whatever someone lock it up then if all im gonna get is sh*t for asking a question, i dont get why its so bad to re-ask a question if it hasnt been dealt with for a little while.

parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby chriscarter » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:47 pm

OK, I'm outta here. Have fun trying to act like car guys.
chriscarter

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:19 pm

lol i tried to pm him, but by the time i hit submit, the dude had straightup deleted his account.
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Down2TheC » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:21 pm

chriscarter is a bit of a dick. Don't sweat it parkc96. He didn't seem to get that someone posting a question can't ever put him out. Rather than just move on to the next thread, he has to be the drama queen. He's too good to answer your question but at the same time desperately needs you to know that. We'll try to survive without him. I swear most of the SG members aren't snooty douchebags.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby 1gSE » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:37 pm

wasnt he the same guy that said the forum was too difficult to navigate?
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Next

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades