[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Just got new tokico/eibach installed, seems SOFT
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Just got new tokico/eibach installed, seems SOFT

Just got new tokico/eibach installed, seems SOFT

Postby hari-bhari » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:50 pm

So tokico agreed to replace my struts under warranty since one was leaking (and it was a 6 week NIGHTMARE), but I finally got the new struts put on along with new eibach springs (same combo I was running before), and things seem very SOFT. It's not bouncy like the suspension is blown, but it just feels a lot more floaty than I remember. I had a brand new tokico/eibach setup about 4.5 years ago, and I remember it being way stiffer. Tokico says the struts are brand new and the valve design hasnt changed. Also the new ones aren't leaking or visibly damaged. Any ideas what could be causing this?? I'm very disappointed after spending all this time and money
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Just got new tokico/eibach installed, seems SOFT

Postby hari-bhari » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:00 pm

also my rears only have about a 1 finger gap, whereas the front has a 2-3 finger gap. how is this happening on a NEW setup?
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Just got new tokico/eibach installed, seems SOFT

Postby SirThomas88 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:31 pm

Tokico blue's aren't my favorite. The struts are thin. If you are able, pick up a set of the TRD struts and springs. Both springs and shocks are MUCH beefier. I think I have a photo on my cardomain page comparing the rear tokico blue and intrax springs combo to the TRD struts/springs combo.
14.11s 101mph quarter mile. 5 Speed v6 Supercharged @ 5.5psi
SirThomas88
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades