[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Roll-over protection Solara SE Sport 2007
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Roll-over protection Solara SE Sport 2007

Roll-over protection Solara SE Sport 2007

Postby jochen » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:50 pm

Hi, I want to buy a 2007 Toyota Solara SE Sport convertible, but I am worried that it does not have roll-over protection, like the pop-up bars that Volvo, Audi, BMW etc have. My question is if I can replace the rear headrests on the Solara with headrests that are very stable and stick out farther, so that they can serve as roll-over protection? I have seen something like that for Mazda Myatas. Thank you! Jochen Pasadena, CA
jochen
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Roll-over protection Solara SE Sport 2007

Postby Down2TheC » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:49 pm

The rear headrests have steel tubing and are essentially rollbars as it comes from the factory. Something like 1.5" steel welded to the frame. To get any more rollover protection you would need a cage and that just my spoil the look a bit. To remove them you'd need to cut them off with a torch. Pop one open and you'll see what I mean.

Besides... she's one wide low car. Either you're very cautious or drive like a mad man. Get a TRD RSB and you'll feel quite snug in the corners. Good luck!
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades