[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Brembo gt brakes
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Brembo gt brakes

Brembo gt brakes

Postby sericbak » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:40 am

Hey guys, I'm quite new to all this aftermarket upgrades and tuning. However I'd like to start with getting new brakes, I'm a sucker for brands and Brembo has stood out to me in racing games, etc. I was wondering if the Brembo gt 294mm big brake kit would be ideal for my 2007 Solara Sport and what else I'd need to purchase to make it work. Also on unsprung weight topics, I intend to buy the 18" TSW Interlagos rims with Pirelli Cinturato all season tires. I was wondering if you guys have any advice for me with regards to these purchases.
sericbak
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Brembo gt brakes

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:30 am

18's are a great rim size for our Gen 2's. That is what I have. Let me know what you find out about the Brembo brakes. Though personally I upgraded to ceramic brakes and they work great; everyone is shocked at how quickly my car stops and I am using factory rotors.
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Solorange » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:47 am

I know your talking about big braket kits, but if you settle for the OEM brembo blanks a lot of people recommend on here, I personnally don't like them. Mine never held up well to the weather. Ive been really happy with Centric rotors Ive used on other vehicles and they held up much better. They even paint the center so you don't have to paint them! (Centric makes Power Slot brakes)
1999 Toyota Solara SEV6 5speed
2009 Toyota Highlander Sport
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Solorange
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby sericbak » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:55 pm

Hey guys, thanks a lot for the advice. I'll definitely look into the ceramic brakes. Also I'll go on ahead with the 18 rims and some better tires. Thanks.
sericbak
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades