[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Bore out 1MZFE and Transmission Upgrade sugestions
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Bore out 1MZFE and Transmission Upgrade sugestions

Bore out 1MZFE and Transmission Upgrade sugestions

Postby S.Z.-Alpha » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:02 pm

How much power gains I can get with boring out a stock 3.0 1MZFE? It is the same as changing the block of a 1MZFE to a 1MZFE Head + 3MZFE Block hybrid or does it have a more subtle increase?

And also, has anybody implemented universal automatic transmissions(like in those on the dragstrip) possible for use in street in our solaras, if not...what are decent transmission upgrades we can do aside from rebuilding the dang slow-tomatics. Although I have some thought of converting my SLE to stick so that I wouldnt suffer the power loss the slow-tomatics get(those things about stock SLEs only getting 170-160 fwhp than the 200~220 bhp they should get...)
2000 Toyota Solara a.k.a "Goldie" SLE V6 //PARTS: TRD Muffler w/ Stock pipes, K&N filter, Tokico Blue Shocks w/ Stock Springs, Kenwood H/U with x4 JVC speakers(250x2 Front and 290x2 Rear) w/ JL 1000 watt amp.
S.Z.-Alpha
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Bore out 1MZFE and Transmission Upgrade sugestions

Postby 1gSE » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:04 pm

IIRC a stock 5 speed will put down those numbers. Swapping to a manual, contact Greg. Haven't heard of anyone boring the 1mz. If you're going to through that much trouble/labor, you might as well find a used s/c and call it a day
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Smaay » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:44 pm

i have been looking into this extensivly. Its actually cheaper to buy a complete 3MZ engine and put the 1MZ heads on it. you will have much better gains going that route.

The cost of boring the block .020 over and buying the pistons will be the same as a 3MZ
1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE
1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ hybrid
1997 Supra 2JZ-GTE
2001 Celica GT-S 2ZZ-GTE
1998 Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel

Thats alot of BOOST!!!!
Smaay
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby S.Z.-Alpha » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:53 pm

You have a point there XD thanks!
2000 Toyota Solara a.k.a "Goldie" SLE V6 //PARTS: TRD Muffler w/ Stock pipes, K&N filter, Tokico Blue Shocks w/ Stock Springs, Kenwood H/U with x4 JVC speakers(250x2 Front and 290x2 Rear) w/ JL 1000 watt amp.
S.Z.-Alpha
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades