[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Transmission Change?
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Transmission Change?

Transmission Change?

Postby BobbyBaker » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:49 am

I didn't really know where to put this post. But anyways, I love my Solara and I've already done a bit of work to it, which has been extremely hard never owning a car before (16 and this is my first car), and I've never worked on a car until this. Anyways, when I bought this car I had 2 options, an Automatic 1999 Solara, or a Manual 2000 Civic Coupe. Wanting to drive my car to school the next day, not knowing how to drive stick, I bought the Solara. Well now I'm older, I know how to drive stick, I joined an import and muscle car club, but now I really want a manual. I don't want to spend more than what a new car is going to cost me. How much am I looking at for my 1999 Solara SLE V6 Automatic to be converted to manual?

Thanks,
Bobby
..::Incredibly Dope Since 95::..
::..1999 Toyota Solara SLE...::
BobbyBaker
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Transmission Change?

Postby Down2TheC » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:27 pm

Not going to happen unless you want to dump many times the value into the car. Cheaper to find a used manual and trade in the Auto.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Re: Transmission Change?

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:22 pm

^x2
a 5spd swap will run you anywhere from 2500-3500. Its better to pick up another solara thats already 5spd
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades