[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Kaminari body kit
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Kaminari body kit

Kaminari body kit

Postby LPEREZ » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:17 pm

I'm liking the look of the Kaminari kit for my 99 Solara. Can anyone give input as to how easy these go on? Are they bolt on to OEM bumpers or do they replace OEM bumpers? Can I get them already painted? If not, what have you guys done regarding painting them? Whats it typically cost to paint them?

LPEREZ
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Kaminari body kit

Postby Brandoe91 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:56 am

There is no need to replace bumpers.The lip kit is mounted to the OEM bumpers with double sided tape and a few screws. It is not a hard task by any means. As for painting, prices will vary by area, paint, shops etc. The quotes I received to paint my lip kit were around $150-$200. Not sure if you know but the Kaminari kit is the replica of the discontinued trd lipt kit. You can sometimes find a used TRD or Kaminari kit in the gen1 and 1.5 for sale section. If I remember correctly, the Kaminari kit fits the gen1.5 (02-03) better than the gen1 (99-01) but it sill fits (don't quote be on that)
TRD S/C 6psi - OBX Full Exhaust - Injen intake ( 226whp untuned).

New Setup - 3mzfe - obx full exhaust - aem fic - innovate mtx-l wideband - Cpe intake. (Estimated 220whp) dyno numbers coming soon.
Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Kaminari body kit

Postby LPEREZ » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:30 pm

thanks Brandoe... hopefully, it will go smoothly on my gen1, I really like that look!
LPEREZ
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades