[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Camry bug shield?
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Camry bug shield?

Camry bug shield?

Postby Avolak » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:38 pm

Hello, as I'm sure some of you know, it is nearly impossible to find a bug shield(not a bra) for a 2000 Solara. I was wondering if any of you out there knew if I could just use one made for a regular Camry of the same year? Those are quite easy to find, and I really dont want to have to get some off-brand one that claims it "fits".
Avolak
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Camry bug shield?

Postby Mr_Krispy1183 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:23 am

Gen 4 Camrys have a front shape that is NOWHERE near the curvature of the Solara. Hunt around some more, I've found bug shields and such before without too much effort
'01 zenki MCV20 Silverstream Opalescent
Mr_Krispy1183
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby DSM_Lara » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:11 am

The OEM Hood Deflector are discontinued. Lucky enough I found one which is rare but, you can look for after market ones that fit Solara. The Camry will not work.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby indiglosolara » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:37 pm

A little late on this, but if someone is looking for one, I actually I have one that is brand new that I never used... However I had it painted to match the car, Indiglo Ink with Purple Pearls.
You can easily get it painted again.

if you are local shoot, you can have it for CHEAP!.. lolz.. its sitting in my garage taking up space... I paid $75 for the shield and another $50 to get it painted.
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby Drivenh » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:03 am

Amazon has gts bug shields for 56$ i just baught one and painted the trd stripes on the corner and installed it on my car looks good
Drivenh
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jahfalif1165 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:28 am

I got my bug shield off carid.com
It was a pretty good fit for an aftermarket piece
02 solara se v6
Jahfalif1165
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Drivenh » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:50 am

Ya I got the same one they were offering on car id but for like $30 less because amazon had free shipping. Then I used some tape and painted the trd logo on the side looks great and after 5 months... still looks great
Drivenh
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades