[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Landcruiser studs in my rear
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Landcruiser studs in my rear

Landcruiser studs in my rear

Postby g_money85 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:51 pm

Hi guys,

I need longer studs in the rear of my car to clear the tire from hitting the strut. I have spacers but once I put them on theres not enough room for the lug to screw in. I also use drums in the back so put that into the equation. I'm just afraid the thicker part of the landcruiser studs won't fit the rear hub. Anyone done this.

I asked O'riellys and the front studs are the same as landcruiser but the rears are different, when I looked at them myself, they seem the same.

John
Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.
g_money85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Landcruiser studs in my rear

Postby DSM_Lara » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:37 pm

What your required to use those spacers are probably Extended Studs.
What is the Thread Pitch/Size (12x1.5 or 14x1.5)/Knurl Diameter/Thread Length (will vary on spacer size)?
Or to make it easier give me the year/model
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby g_money85 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:17 pm

My car is 2001 Toyota Solara and the stud I want to use is from a 1997 Landcruiser.

My concern was the Knurl size for the rear hub, Mine is a drum brake so I don't know if knurl size is different.

Thank you for the help
Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.
g_money85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DSM_Lara » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:28 pm

oh.... what spacer size are you running?
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby g_money85 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:49 pm

They are 3mm, one isn't enough to clear so I put on another so essentially it's 6mm to clear the strut. Takes two 3mm.
g_money85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DSM_Lara » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:50 pm

I ordered from this site a couple of times, they're based in California.
http://www.2kracing.com/Universal_Subca ... Studs.html

Keep in mind mines are 20mm Spacers that's why I have the 50mm length.

Stud Specs.
Thread Type: 12 X 1.5
Knurl Diameter: 14.20mm
Thread Length: 50mm (Size may vary but this size will come with 20mm spacers)
Seat Type: Stud
Manufacturer: H&R
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby indiglosolara » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:51 pm

Stacking spacers is just a no no IMO...Thats just a plain stupid ideal as they are not reliable and if one space fails.. Say bye bye to your studs and wheel. Its dangerous to drive that way.
If you are going to have to use spacers please use the correct ones...
If I were you, look at the H&R spacers... They come with the studs and spacers as a kit..
You can buy a 5mm or 10mm kit. IMO get the 10mm kits if you have the space. Assuming you are using high offest wheels.
But knowing what size tires and your wheels specs will give us more info to help you out and get the correct size spacer..

trust me.. do not stack those 3mm spacers that mostly likely aren't even hub centric...
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades