[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Best HID kit for '99 Solara
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Best HID kit for '99 Solara

Best HID kit for '99 Solara

Postby thehalfrican06 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:43 pm

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the best (least expensive as possible) HID kit for my 1999 Solara? Thank you in advance for the advice!
thehalfrican06
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Best HID kit for '99 Solara

Postby sk8r776 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:11 pm

The Terms "Price" and "Best" should not be in the same sentence with HID kits. The more money you spend generally the better quality. I bought 4 sets now from http://www.vvme.com/.

I have had 1 Ballast go out. (still trying to replace it. Haven't had time to take it out.)

I have only bought the Digital Slim Ballast kits. But be careful necause we have DRL which if left unaltered will lower the lifespan of the HID and I noticed my power to the Headlights flicker when starting. IDK if its just me but just a note.

'93 Civic LX --> '02 Accord SE 5-Speed --> '01 Solara SE 5-Speed --> '06 350z Base Rev-UP

Mods
Hid Conversion 8K + 3K, Injen SRI, GLP CAI extension, Lots more to come.
sk8r776
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Best HID kit for '99 Solara

Postby Nemesis85 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:50 am

I purchased my kit from DDMTUNING and have had it for nearly 4 years. No issues with bulbs, ballasts, etc. No color change at all and they still are an exact match in terms of color and brightness. The kit is 6000K 35watt and was $40 + S&H. Can't beat that! I'm about to purchase a 2500K 35watt for my fogs this month! Hope this helps!
Nemesis85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades