[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Best Epoxy
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Best Epoxy

Best Epoxy

Postby Yippekaiyaymfckr » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:03 am

Hey guys, I'm cutting open my Altezza tail lights soon to paint the housing black.
Was wondering if you guys knew which epoxy would be best to seal them back up.

Also.. do any of you guys think that I'll be able to take the lights apart with just a heat gun? I would prefer not to use dremel.
Yippekaiyaymfckr
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Best Epoxy

Postby parkc96 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:38 pm

they should come apart by just baking them, thats how all the other lights on our cars come apart, never heard of anyone doing tails though so cant help with that. But i used a clear silicone to seal up my front corners that were leaking. Get some that is made for sealing around glass at an autoshop (ex. oreilly's) for like 3-4 bucks.

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby freshdenamufcka » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:25 pm

let me know how this goes. im seriously thinking about using a dremel to cut the corner lights open from either the front or back. but my problem is figuring out how im gonna fill in the seal and make it look clean.

check this thread out:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12312

the end result looked clean since the light were opened from the back. i believe all he used was silicone glue to hold it together.
freshdenamufcka
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:34 pm

My tailights are blackhoused. I didnt do it myself, the person i bought em from did it but look like he used a dremel cus i have a piece thats cut off on mine
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:45 pm

These are mine:

vs stock

One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6