[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - TRD Coil Springs 2.5 Gen
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

TRD Coil Springs 2.5 Gen

TRD Coil Springs 2.5 Gen

Postby alky181 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:37 pm

I installed these but the strut is cocked in the mount and there is some clanking noise. Is this normal? My mechanic that installed them told me there must be some different struts for the lowering springs. I don't think they make any other struts than the original OE. Please help!
alky181
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: TRD Coil Springs 2.5 Gen

Postby GzNutz » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:37 pm

How many miles are on your Lara? Sometimes when lowering with old struts they can blow. However this seems to be rare with our gen2s because there are quite a few of us lowered on stock struts with no problems. If the strut looks funky in the mount then there may have been a problem with the installation. Can you post up pics?
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades