[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - backup camera
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

backup camera

backup camera

Postby mrboy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:26 am

I'm installing a backup camera in my '06 SLE. Does anyone know if the two wires running down from the taillight bulb (green and black) are the backup light wires. It would make sense. I'm trying not to remove the taillight lens to discover the truth.

Thanks
mrboy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: backup camera

Postby mrboy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:26 pm

Couldn't figure out the electronics, so I found a local guy that charged me only $10 bucks to hook up the power. Best $10 bucks I ever spend!

This is an $80, wireless backup camera. The camera is mounted to the license plate as usual and the cord and transmitter are stowed behind the plate in the bumper cavity. The wire is run up the inside of the bumper (pry the edge of the bumper away from the body where it meets the trunk gasket. Pull the gasket up and run the wire under the gasket. Then pay someone to hook up the wire to the backup light to get power.

Next, put the screen and receiver inside the push-button cubby in the center console. Plug the unity into the power outlet, put it in reverse and wallah! You've got a backup camera without a nav unit.

ps: if I could figure out how to attach an image I'd have provided a photo.
mrboy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: backup camera

Postby JackWaggon » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:57 am

Look in the FAQ, it gives you an idea of how to post the photos. Post 'em up.
JackWaggon
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades