[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Sea Foam (With Pic )
How to, DIY, and Get 'er done.

Sea Foam (With Pic )

Postby AllShowNoGo » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:51 am

Im starting to get a bit confused here. So it would be good to do both(pour in brake boost aswell as suck it up)
AllShowNoGo
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:56 pm

my bad on reviving such an old thread..

I'm looking to seafoam my car soon since it just hit roughly 141k and I doubt the previous owner did it, I'm a lil confused as to where exactly I should dump this seafoam product and what kind I should get cuz based on their website they have like 3 different kinds of auto products..

gas tank I know I can put it in, and how much??
anywhere else??
thanks in advance.
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby unbalancedwood » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:02 pm

first page is pretty self explanatory...pour break booster, pour gas tank, pour in oil...1/3 of can in each....
unbalancedwood
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Ruski » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:06 pm

^ Thank you unbalancedwood. and theres only one type of sea foam for engine treatment, i know theres one fro trannys as well. the one that works the best is in the brake booster.
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby gnegroni » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:11 pm

If you change your ATF fluid frequently (Automatic fellas)... if you haven't changed your fluid in a while, then don't do it, cause you'd have to change it after the SeaFoam application. Guys, how often should the ATF fluids be changed?
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby DrLove » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:27 pm

My car turned over 112k (180 000 km),
the engine is running smooth except that the acceleration are sometimes fast, sometimes not.. and sometimes a wird noise from the transmission..like a rock who hit under my seat..??? it makes me nervous for my transmission :o

So it was time for me to take a risk and sea foamed the car..I was nervous to put this stuff in the brake booster line.. Im not mechanic and I dont wanna mess the engine!

Same without no skill at all it was easy..just need to spot the right tube...put it little by little when the car is running..and voila! He can was $12 each..a bit high compare to other stuff..maybe it's because it's rare here in my city..I did 3 stores before to find one..others had other brand..the sea foam was almost hide in a corner..

For about 2 months Im using a injector cleaner in my tank..
[img]
[url]http://images.canadiantire.ca/media/images/products/images/Assortments/PrimaryAssortments/Automotive/CustomPerformance/Performance_Chemicals/0380745_450_CC_5bd87.jpg[/img]
http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/produ ... b4ccfce69c[/url]

they were $3 each instead of $10. Helped a little,but nothing spectacular.

I bought 2 cans and one can of "spray".

I found a quiet spot to put sea foam and smoke like hell without killing birds and people around hehe.

I've put about 1/2 of a can. It smoked a lot for about 3 min, a little for about 30 mins.. I did a little ride on the highway to try the car.

For me it did a change, I get faster response, better acceleration and more linear, and the car is very smooth on idle..beter than before. It's not day and night, but it's good.

No warning light or problem for now.

I will put some in my oil a little before to change oil on spring.

I saw sea foam made for transmission..is it good? Do it need to change the transmission oil after?

thanks.
SOLD 1999 Toyota Solara V6 SE white
Mazda 6 2010 6 speed black GS
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby rewmomi » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:28 pm

I was thinking of doing a whole engine tune up. I wanted to get the pulstar plugs with magnacore wires, and do sea foam followed by a synthetic oil change by Mobil 1 or royal purple.... have not decided yet, and last but not least a 44k bg fuel system additive for gas tank. What you guys think?
rewmomi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Midias » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:27 am

rewmomi wrote:I was thinking of doing a whole engine tune up. I wanted to get the pulstar plugs with magnacore wires, and do sea foam followed by a synthetic oil change by Mobil 1 or royal purple.... have not decided yet, and last but not least a 44k bg fuel system additive for gas tank. What you guys think?

I say go for it but do the seafoam then the plugs no sense in running all that carbon over brand new plugs.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby gnegroni » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:54 am

Do the sea foam on fuel system and oil. Change to Mobil1 or RoyalPurple afterwards.
Magnecor wires and regular Iridium plugs (no Pulstar)... save money!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Midias » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:56 am

DrLove wrote:
I saw sea foam made for transmission..is it good? Do it need to change the transmission oil after?

thanks.

Yes
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby synenergy52 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:58 am

woa_its_j3ff wrote:is this good on any mileage ? good tutorial man.

He copied/pasted most of that from the website. Those same instructions (verbatim) are on the back of the can--with the exception of maybe the last line. Thanks for the effort though--it'll motivate a lot of people to do this. It's good stuff! :angel:
MY06 E46 BMW 325ci 5MT, Sport Package, Active Xenon, body colored front reflectors.

MY99 Solara SLE V6 4AT (all the SLE junk)
synenergy52
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby rewmomi » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:38 am

cool thaNKS FOR ADVICE SO SEA FOAM FIRST IN OIL, BRAKE HOSE, AND FUEL SYSTEM THAN OIL CHANGE WITH MOBILE ONE THEN IRIDIUM PLUGS AND MAGNACORE WIRECOOL I THINK I GOT IT?
rewmomi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Ruski » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:10 pm

:sweet:
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DrLove » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:44 am

Still running smooth after 2 days :D

I checked my tranny oil and it's still almost pink..level is good..
So I will not put sea foam there for now.

For the "spray" sea foam..Can I clean the throttle body with that? I just unclip the intake box and put some inside? or I need to clean it carefully ? when the engine is running or not?

thanks!
SOLD 1999 Toyota Solara V6 SE white
Mazda 6 2010 6 speed black GS
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby gnegroni » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:32 am

DrLove wrote:For the "spray" sea foam..Can I clean the throttle body with that? I just unclip the intake box and put some inside? or I need to clean it carefully ? when the engine is running or not?

thanks!

Oh, you found the DeepCreep... I can't find that particular product or they just don't carry it around here. Its precisely for intake box, throttle body, linkage, and other things too!

As with carburator cleaner, I used to spray it with the engine on (I disconnected the sensor on my Ford intakes to avoid stalling), but the DeepCreep site gives instructions to do otherwise:

http://www.seafoamsales.com/deepCreepTech.htm

DEEP CREEP Air Intake Cleaner

1. Run engine to normal operating temperature.
2. Shut engine off and disconnect air intake boot.
3. Spray DEEP CREEP into throat with throttle plate open. Saturate and soak. Clean with a soft toothbrush or cloth if necessary.
4. Spray into throat with straw attached to finalize cleaning.
5. Reconnect air intake boot and drive.
6. Make sure exhaust is well ventilated as fumes may be extreme for a short time.
7. Safe for teflon coatings, lubricates bushings.
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials