[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Sea Foam (With Pic )
How to, DIY, and Get 'er done.

Sea Foam (With Pic )

Postby dug320 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:49 am

If you have synthetic or semi-synthetic oil you will get a lot less smoke than conventional oil. My guess is the smoking point of the synthetic is greater than the conventional.
dug320
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby reidcc » Fri May 14, 2010 11:43 am

OK-

Another post revived from the dead... I am gonna Seafoam my 00 SLE with 136K this afternoon.

I have used this before on my old Gen4 Accord CB7- a number of times. I solld the car with 275K on it and original clutch and car always benefitted from Seafoam.

I have NO service history on my new SLE, so its time to Seafoam, new plugs/PCV. Air Filter, Drain /Fill Tranny, etc.

Chris
reidcc
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Sea Foam (With Pic )

Postby mig0s » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:59 pm

Can someone explain/help?

I just did the seafoam with 1/2 to the BB, 1/4 to the engine and 1/4 to the gas tank. Everything went well and I got A LOT of smokes out of my exhaust... BUT also a significant amount of smoke out of my headers! It stopped after like 20 minutes when there's no more smoke from my exhausts. Is smoke out of the headers normal? Or is it a loose bolt or something? No CEL codes...

Thanks for your help.
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SirThomas88 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:34 pm

mig0s wrote:Can someone explain/help?

I just did the seafoam with 1/2 to the BB, 1/4 to the engine and 1/4 to the gas tank. Everything went well and I got A LOT of smokes out of my exhaust... BUT also a significant amount of smoke out of my headers! It stopped after like 20 minutes when there's no more smoke from my exhausts. Is smoke out of the headers normal? Or is it a loose bolt or something? No CEL codes...

Thanks for your help.

Leaking manifold is normal on high mileage engines, but you don't want it. Over all it's nothing to worry about, but it'd be much better in many ways to NOT have it leaking. All exhaust is supposed to exit out your tailpipe after all.

Replace your header/manifold gaskets to fix it.

Here's a video of how bad my manifold leak was... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT9JrvXdn6c
14.11s 101mph quarter mile. 5 Speed v6 Supercharged @ 5.5psi
SirThomas88
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jabraltar » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:13 pm

Today I finally worked up the courage to seafoam my car and I was courteous enough to make a video. Sorry for the commentary as my buddy, sister and girlfriend shot the video. My car has 177,000 kilometres on it and it's the first time that it's ever been done. As you may notice that my muffler has two holes hahaha that's getting replaced in a couple of weeks. Another fun thing I found while revving the piss out of the car was the wonderful scent of burning oil. Looked in the hood and noticed some oil bubbling up from where the headers meet the y-pipe as well as seafoam leaking out of the top of the headers...anyone ever have this? I noticed about a month after I got the car that I had a significant power loss, could that be from having crappy headers? Anyways enjoy the vid and any feedback on the questions would be great...

Gen 1:Custom stainless catback exhaust,Injen SRI..NGK Iridium plugs,2 10'' Kicker subs in Kicker box,Alpine door speakers, Kicker rear deck speakers,Pioneer amp,18'', Pioneer H/U, Icon rims with Falken tires,HID's,LED everything
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mig0s » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:16 pm

^^ "that's how you blow your transmission!"

LOL
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jabraltar » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:21 pm

lol yeah that was my sister...she's 25 and so clueless hahaha
Gen 1:Custom stainless catback exhaust,Injen SRI..NGK Iridium plugs,2 10'' Kicker subs in Kicker box,Alpine door speakers, Kicker rear deck speakers,Pioneer amp,18'', Pioneer H/U, Icon rims with Falken tires,HID's,LED everything
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ThurzNite » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:20 pm

Once you're done w/seafoam, it's time to move onto other cleaners. BITOG has lotsa tips/hints. Here's a thread to start your research
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ub ... ber=283677
I'd love to get around to those, but I'm keeping my oil "clean" for an oil analysis. :(
Oh yeah, seafoamed previously, helped smooth out idle. Can't tell any other diffference.
Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Tutorials