[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 99 solara SE engine problem
Auto Flea Market.

99 solara SE engine problem

99 solara SE engine problem

Postby SteveSolara » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:10 pm

Hey guys, i was in a rush to go to school, and when i parked my car i left my headlights on and when i came out my battery was dead, so i got it jumped, then everything was fin, until i start driving i've nothiced that my car was weaker after i was driving for about 20 min. The car will start to struggle at idle and the rpm goes down to like under 500 rpm at idle when i hit the brakes. Alos when i rev up i can hear the belt whisteling and that has never happened before.

I also have a short ram instake and when ever i rev up to 2,100 rpm i can hear the ram sucking air, but after the battery died i would have to rev it up above 3,00 rpm. Not sure if its the spark plugs or an electrical problem. At first i thought it was the battery, but i doubt it.

So can anyone figure out whats going on? Any help would be great thanks :D :D
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: 99 solara SE engine problem

Postby solaraqueen » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:26 pm

it'll be fine after a couple of drives, the ecu has to reset & that happens after a few runs & kool downs......
solaraqueen
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby mig0s » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:08 pm

Most likely to be the battery.
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:14 pm

^^What they said.

Drained battery = reset ecu. It'll be fine.

btw, wrong section ;)
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 1gSE » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:45 am

SteveSolara wrote:I also have a short ram intake and when ever i rev up to 2,100 rpm i can hear the ram sucking air

thats what its supposed to do :P
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Wanted/For Sale