[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - WTB: Rear Bumper Cover
Auto Flea Market.

WTB: Rear Bumper Cover

WTB: Rear Bumper Cover

Postby Etyicle » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:38 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm new here, so hopefully I am doing this right.

Bought a 2004 Toyota Solara a couple years ago and unfortunately the dealer did not inform me that the car was in a small accident and the bumper was replaced, unfortunately whoever re did the bumper forgot to prime it...
So now the red paint is peeling off.

And I want a new one, so I'm looking to buy a red 04-06 Toyota Solara bumper cover. I've seen a few on ebay, but they're in pretty rough shape. It doesn't need to be perfect but the nicer the better. Maybe you guys can help me out.

Edit: I would always be willing to maybe use an after market body kit or something, I'm pretty new to cars but maybe you could advise me on that. I wouldn't want anything too flashy and when I think of aftermarket body kits I think of cheap plastic but I'm sure there are nice ones out there.

Thanks,
Ety
Etyicle
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: WTB: Rear Bumper Cover

Postby JSTKVC » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:30 am

I also have a 2nd Gen Solara with a bumper cover that was not installed and painted properly when the prior owner had a fender bender. I took to a local body shop preferred by a local Lexus dealership and they quoted me $300 for a new bumper cover installed and painted. I considered aftermarket or used but I'd rather get it right this time around so the paint stays consistent with the rest of the body and fit and finish will be as close to factory new. Good luck!
2006 Solara V6 SLE Convertible - best car ever owned, enjoyed in moderation
2010 Prius - Daily Driver
2011 Lexus 450h
JSTKVC
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Wanted/For Sale