[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Gauging Interest: Gen 1-1.5 FIberglass Door Inserts
Auto Flea Market.

Gauging Interest: Gen 1-1.5 FIberglass Door Inserts

Gauging Interest: Gen 1-1.5 FIberglass Door Inserts

Postby FLASH » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:04 pm

I've been looking to clean up the cloth section on the interior of the doors. I have it painted black with a red Toyota logo in the middle, but it frequently fades and looks plain bad.

I have a friend who is good with Fiberglass and we're going to actually try and make a fiberglass insert that would snap into that cloth section. My plan is to paint mine black and paint a Toyota emblem red and affix it to the fiberglass.

My question is, IF we can do this and make the fiberglass a snap on, would anyone else be interested in this? We haven't even done any fitting, let along discussed prices, but if it can be done, would you be interested?

Here's what I have now (it ALL looks pretty bad in that lighting...the seat covers... :roll: thankfully I got rid of them with real leather...ignore all that and see what I'm talking about with the door panel? That is painted with cloth paint black and red, but we want to go the same idea with a snap on Fiberglass insert.

Thought it would be a unique mod that others may have interest in.

Thoughts?
==FLASH==
99 Solara SE with Many Mods (See outdated website) - Weekend Warrior
2001 Cadillac Deville Daily Driver
(Wife's) 2007 Toyota Camry LE with Basic Mods
(Sister's) 2011 "Pink Prius"
FLASH
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: Gauging Interest: Gen 1-1.5 FIberglass Door Inserts

Postby PlateLunch » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:42 pm

I think fiber glass might be a bit too fragile. I have long legs and am always hitting that spot :) Polyurethane would be stronger and more resilant maybe? Definitly a great idea, let me know how it goes!!!
PlateLunch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Gauging Interest: Gen 1-1.5 FIberglass Door Inserts

Postby FLASH » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Sounds really stupid, but I honestly hadn't thought of the durability. We're going to get together this weekend to discuss the project. Since it's a side project, it may take some time, but if anyone is interested after we have the mold made,let me know.
==FLASH==
99 Solara SE with Many Mods (See outdated website) - Weekend Warrior
2001 Cadillac Deville Daily Driver
(Wife's) 2007 Toyota Camry LE with Basic Mods
(Sister's) 2011 "Pink Prius"
FLASH
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Wanted/For Sale