[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - FS: 2002 Solara SE 4cyl Auto 181K Mi -- Long Island, NY
Auto Flea Market.

FS: 2002 Solara SE 4cyl Auto 181K Mi -- Long Island, NY

FS: 2002 Solara SE 4cyl Auto 181K Mi -- Long Island, NY

Postby iiifly » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:49 pm

Folks -

It's time to let her go. She served me well. However, I am in need of a four door car which I am purchasing soon.

2002 Solara SE, 4cyl Auto
Color: Blue
Accident Free
181,000 Glorious Miles
Recent Tires - 5,000 miles ago
Recent Brakes
Location(s): Long Island, NY and Queens, NY

I am the 2nd owner. I purchased her at 90K miles in 2006.

The Car's body is straight, no issues. Wear and tear commensurate with a car that's been around the block.
Very dark tints on side and rear windows. I bought it that way (not in compliance with NY law - in the 5-6 years of ownership, I have been pulled over twice and ticketed only once).

Mechanical Faults:
[*]CEL is On: "Evaporative System Leak - Very Small" --- I am at wit's end trying to fix this, so I have given up. I have a trick when it comes time to get it inspected (Reset CEL codes, keep tank above 75% capacity for 100 miles - won't set because it doesn't do the evap test unless it's below 75%).
[*]There is a tooting noise once it warms up. I took it to a couple mechanics, however, the car decides to shut up when it gets there and they haven't been able to find anything.

Non-Mechanical Faults: The SRS is on. I'm at wit's end trying to fix that too (I don't have the right scanner).

Other than this, the car is a good daily driver. Would make a good college car. It has been very reliable requiring very minimal maintenance -- Gas and Go.

It is burning about 1 Qt of Oil every 1,000 Miles. I have changed the oil every 4-5,000 miles.

Will post pics soon.

$2,200 OBO.
iiifly
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: FS: 2002 Solara SE 4cyl Auto 181K Mi -- Long Island, NY

Postby iiifly » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:29 pm

Bump - anyone interested? How often can you find a straight and clean Solara. Im going to fix the faults if necessary.
iiifly
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby iiifly » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:43 am

Mods - Please move this post to the Gen 1 & 1.5 section. My mistake.

Here are some photos:

iiifly
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby iiifly » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:37 pm

Solara Community -

I just wanted to update you all regarding this vehicle. I want you to know that the engine and transmission are solid and will, in my estimate, run past 300,000 miles.

To address some of the deferred maintenance issues, I've done the following:
-For the Evac Small Leak, I have just replaced the gas cap and have driven for one cycle. I will advise if the light shuts off.
-For the SRS light, I have read the diagnostic code -- it is 31/52. After running the diagnostic routine, I have concluded it needs a replacement Airbag Sensor Assembly Console. This is a standard part, shared with the Camry. I found on Ebay for 70. I took a look at its location behind the glove box and its a half hour job (disconnect the battery cable first, though).
-The tooting noise, it could be the CV joint but I'm not certain. This is a couple hundred bucks at most, and you may be able to do it yourself.

The advertised price of $2,200 is not offered anywhere else. In fact, I completely mis-priced it when I first listed it here, but I will nevertheless honor it if anyone here would like to buy, as I would rather sell it to people who are familiar with the car . It's really worth $3.5k and you will note many other folks have demanded more for this car. You can see I have listed this vehicle for $3,000 on Ebay and other places: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=Vie ... ESELX%3AIT

Also, check the Ebay page for a complimentary "Autocheck" report from Experian. It shows a clean title, no accidents, etc.
iiifly
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby iiifly » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:56 am

[Edited]
iiifly
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby iiifly » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:03 pm

It's on E-Bay Auction: Absolute Sale As-Is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251037177961

Must go by Next Sunday.

I've detailed the car, so it's very clean. Full up-to-date information on the listing.
iiifly
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Wanted/For Sale