[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - DLS MS6a 6.5" Component Speakers, Phenomenal Sound Quality
Auto Flea Market.

DLS MS6a 6.5" Component Speakers, Phenomenal Sound Quality

DLS MS6a 6.5" Component Speakers, Phenomenal Sound Quality

Postby hari-bhari » Tue May 29, 2012 7:10 pm

Item(s) for Sale:

I have a set of used DLS MS6a component speakers (1 pair of woofers, tweeters, and crossovers) that I just pulled out of my car.
I ran these for 3 years with zero problems, and the only reason I am selling them is because I switched to the Hybrid Audio Clarus speakers to try something new. Truth be told, even at less than half the price, these DLS's give the Hybrid Audios a run for their money. The midbass pounds when installed into a properly deadened door, and I actually prefer the smoothness of the DLS tweeters over my Hybrids.

The speakers have been driven off 100 watts RMS, high-passed at 63hz with no problems. They have
never been clipped, shorted, etc. I believe they are capable of handling up to 150W RMS.

In the package, I will include both sets of woofers, tweeters, and sturdy crossovers as well as the original speaker grills, tweeter housings, and original packaging.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

As mentioned, these are in perfect working condition. The tweeters are silk domed so they do have some minor imperfections but I have not found this to affect SQ at all. Also, when I was removing the speakers, I found that the shop that I hired to relocate my crossovers put a small ding into one of the speaker cones. Thankfully has not affected the sound quality of the speaker and I did not even notice the defect until I went to remove the speakers from my doors.

Specs:

Power Handling:
Peak: 320 watts per set / 160 watts each side
RMS: 200 watts per set / 100 watts each side
Metal cone woofer
Rubber surround
1.1" Silk dome tweeter
Crossovers with selectable tweeter level in three steps
Filter box with 6/12 dB slope (LP/HP)
4 ohms impedance
3.94" Wide magnet
Top-mount depth: 2.64"

Price:

$100 shipped with insurance and tracking. You can view my ebay feedback under the same username and I am paypal verified.

I honestly don't think you can get a better sounding set of components at this price, and I originally paid $250 for these when I purchased them.

Item Pictures:

hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Wanted/For Sale