[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - just a general subwoofer question
Talk about audio, video and nav installations and applications.

just a general subwoofer question

just a general subwoofer question

Postby wooshkie90 » Fri May 14, 2010 7:39 am

Okay so I have a single twelve in a ported box right now. only like 1.2 cu. ft. air space. Its a Kicker CVR12 and its on a kenwood kac-7204, givvin it about 400 watts kuz i hav it wired to 8ohm. My question is about the "hitting hard" part of it. I saw this box online that claims to add more power to my subwoofer just because it has 3 cu. ft. of air space. So do yall think 3 cu. ft. will make my 12 hit any harder than it does now?? any info will help greatly. thx.
Southern Cali does em best!
wooshkie90
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby yoboyandre » Fri May 14, 2010 9:02 am

Usually increasing air size of box does give you a deeper bass, but the spec's for that sub suggest you don't go past like 2.25cu.ft. on a ported box so itll probably sound sloppy... if you want more bass you can wire your sub to 2ohms and you get the most bass.
yoboyandre
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Biggi_e » Fri May 14, 2010 10:55 am

go by what the specs are for the box.
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: just a general subwoofer question

Postby TadS » Mon May 17, 2010 7:56 pm

As the others have said. Kicker has a spec for that sub. Maybe a little fiberfill in your current box, but stick to the spec.
Let's just pretend I didn't grow up, or you're going to be terribly disappointed.
TadS
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Down2TheC » Mon May 24, 2010 4:50 pm

Moved to audio
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby SoSleek » Thu May 27, 2010 10:29 am

To keep things VERY simple, you do not need a new box. You need a new amp. A mono amp that supplies 400x1 at 2ohm.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/el ... 36519.html

Offer him $100 and let him counter, then ask him to meet you half way :) You'll get the amp for like $120, and be poundin.
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby darrylsaladino » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:21 am

I have been out of commision for about the past 6 years. My last monitors were Dyn BM15 passives with a Hafler. Thought about going BM6a but went with a gut feeling on the PMC's. Also had Dyn M1's before. Loved the Dyn's but I'm expecting the PMC's to really blow me away.
darrylsaladino
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SoSleek » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:55 am

darrylsaladino wrote:I have been out of commision for about the past 6 years. My last monitors were Dyn BM15 passives with a Hafler. Thought about going BM6a but went with a gut feeling on the PMC's. Also had Dyn M1's before. Loved the Dyn's but I'm expecting the PMC's to really blow me away.

What?!?!
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:43 pm

^^Spammmm!

Use the recommended box specs. And don't expect that CVR to pound like two twelves.
You'd be amazed at what a difference the right box, and right power will do for you.
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Audio/Video/Navigation