[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New subwoofer... again
Talk about audio, video and nav installations and applications.

New subwoofer... again

New subwoofer... again

Postby BadAngel » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:21 am

Allright so i happened across a used JL audio 10w6 after I decided that that was what I wanted. Afterwords i picked up an alpine MRD-M1005 1000 watt amplifier. I ended up blowing the sub, because it had prior issues that i wasn't aware of, and well yeah I ended up getting screwed there. Anyway Now ive decided to buy my next sub brand new. Now The JL audio 10w6 new is 300, and i figure for 300 why not get more bang for my buck.
What do you guys think about an alpine SWX-1043D

Power Handling

* Power Range: 500 - 1000 Watts
* RMS Power Handling: 1000 Watts
* Peak Power Handling: 3000 Watts

General

* Frequency Response: 26Hz - 200Hz

Anyway, Having a little trouble deciding bewtween the two. I like the sound of the JL audio, but I feel as if the alpine will just be more powerfull.
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: New subwoofer... again

Postby SoSleek » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:42 pm

I told you not to buy used JL equipment. It was for this exact reason. People who use JL compete. They run their crap way past manufacturers specs, and beat em to crap. Then when they start to fail they sell em. When you got yours it was probably only running off a single voice-coil. That thing should SLAM. I'm not going to get into this discussion again though. Buy whatever you decide on, but don't buy used JL.
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:45 pm

BTW, I'm not sure of this...but it would be worth checking into. See if JL will refurb your woofer. It would be a lot cheaper than buying new, and would be the same thing.
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby BadAngel » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:58 pm

im not against buying a new one... i just wanna make sure i get something thats legit gonna slam hard
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Aotoyota » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:06 pm

SWX is gonna need a whole lot more power than that mrd-m1005,
id stick with the W6 or my type-R. either one will slam.

or maybe an idMAX? I really like those subs too
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Audio/Video/Navigation