[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - quick couple questions!
Talk about audio, video and nav installations and applications.

quick couple questions!

quick couple questions!

Postby oaktonlax9 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:17 am

Hi

So in my 2001 solara SLE the back right speaker is totally blown.... i've isolated the sound in each individual corner of the car... and that speaker just tweets like a bird whenever music is played through it.

I am in the process of ordering these speakers............ http://www.crutchfield.com/s_500SPR69C/ ... html?tp=91

BUT I also would like to know of anything i NEED to get in addition to those speakers to make them work properly...

I didn't plan on doing much to the car only because it is pushing 11 years of age... and I really just don't see the point (I'm 17 and will soon be buying my own car when this one dies). I'm only replacing the back speakers at this time because they really need to get out... they sound terrible.

Please, share your thoughts on what I should also order in addition to those speakers.

Another question for you.... If i were to order a SINGLE-DIN stereo for my solara... is there any mounting things I would also have to order noting that the solara's stereo slot is a Double-Din?

These questions are all probably very simple and easy to answer... I'm just not a car audio guy, so I have no clue what i'm doing!

Thanks in advance!

OH, and what Stereos are best for say 150-200 bucks??? (i-pod compatible please!)
oaktonlax9
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: quick couple questions!

Postby Taido » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:02 pm

In response to the mounting issue, you shouldn't have a problem. If you get the new stereo and the stock brackets don't quite line up right (my tC's stock brackets don't line up to the same unit (single DIN) I had in the Solara (both cars stock is double DIN as well)), it's as simple as going to any car audio store or best buy and asking the person there to get a kit/adapter.

The speakers may or may not need a bracket to fit in the stock speaker holes. And it may help to take the faceplate off of the speakers. They'll just be behind the interior trim piece, right? Unless you're planning on cutting into the plastic just so people can see that your speakers look so COOOLL!!! ... I'm kidding about that last part. Don't. If would-be thieves can see you have aftermarket speakers, they'll want to steal them. Out of sight, out of mind. Other than that I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be direct plug and play.

Pioneer has great headunits for your price range. I've been shopping around myself for a new stereo and have settled on their top of the line DEX-P99RS. It'll be a bit before I can get it, but worth it. sonicelectronix.com or Crutchfield is a good place to start choosing a stereo. I would find which one you want, and use Google shopping or eBay to find the best price online.
'06 Black Cherry Pearl tC inherited the headunit and subs so far...
'04 2AZ-FE Lunar Mist Metallic Solara SE (Totaled)
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Return to Audio/Video/Navigation