[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Faulty Audio System on 2007 Solara Coupe
Talk about audio, video and nav installations and applications.

Faulty Audio System on 2007 Solara Coupe

Faulty Audio System on 2007 Solara Coupe

Postby zaclim » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:33 pm

Hi Guys,

I just got a used Solara Coupe 2007 last week. Got it at a great price but it came with a "dead" audio system.

Can anyone advise on the cost of replacing the entire audio system?

Regards,
Zac from Tallahasse, FL
zaclim
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Faulty Audio System on 2007 Solara Coupe

Postby GzNutz » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:12 pm

Welcome to SG!
Could you answer a few questions so we could better understand your situation, like...
What type of system do you have...base/jbl/nav? And what is specifically wrong with it...fuses/amp/headunit/everything?
Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I've got an '07-'09 JBL headunit for sale if you do need one.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby zaclim » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:01 pm

GzNutz wrote:Welcome to SG!
Could you answer a few questions so we could better understand your situation, like...
What type of system do you have...base/jbl/nav? And what is specifically wrong with it...fuses/amp/headunit/everything?
Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I've got an '07-'09 JBL headunit for sale if you do need one.

Hi, mine is the factory installed system in a 2007 Solara SE. Basically, I'm not able to even turn on the CD player.

I plan to work it myself if it's simple enough, if not, I'll get a pro to get it done.

thanks for the help!
zaclim
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby zaclim » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:24 pm

Hi guys!

I managed to turn on the music using the steering wheel control, however, the headunit remains dead. So I have to control all functions through the sterering control now, but wont be able to play CDs. I've also checked the both the fuses, seems ok to me.

Anyone knows what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance!
zaclim
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Audio/Video/Navigation