[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - installing a amp and subs in my car
Talk about audio, video and nav installations and applications.

installing a amp and subs in my car

installing a amp and subs in my car

Postby ohhhbilly » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:33 pm

so im trying to install new amp and subs in my 01 solara sle and im having the worst time. I want to keep my factory stereo look so i bought a high low converter for the rca cables. I spliced the coverter into the factory head unit and I hooked everything up and nothing is coming out from the subs..... do i have to take out the factory amp or something?
ohhhbilly
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: installing a amp and subs in my car

Postby crispone » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:55 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh BILLY!

Please go to the various audio threads in this forum and do some READING before doing anything further!

Information is power.

PS: HI/LOW converter with stock oem head unit is a LOSING BATTLE! Give it up now and do some research. EVERYTHING you need to know is probably in this place!

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby ohhhbilly » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:29 pm

losing battle is correct, been racking my head trying to figure this crap out. But i will continue my search for answers.. fingers crossed.
ohhhbilly
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby crispone » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:32 pm

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=32084

^^^ Hey Billy, I went through the entire process of experimenting with the converter and stock head unit and LOTS of different details on audio in the Solara in this journey. You might find something of use if you have the patience to look it over... along with MANY other threads and posts by others on audio in these cars. :wink:

Good luck!

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby corlon » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:33 pm

just put the converter in the trunk. hook up to the rear spkrs there.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Audio/Video/Navigation