[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2000 Solara Speaker not working
Talk about audio, video and nav installations and applications.

2000 Solara Speaker not working

2000 Solara Speaker not working

Postby DaxWagner » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:07 pm

Hello all,

I am a new owner of a 2000 Solara SE V6 Coupe. I just purchased the car yesterday and found that the drivers side front speakers are not working. As far as I can tell, the sound system is all stock equipment. I troubleshooted everything I could without removing any body panels or the stereo head itself and could not find anything unusual. Does anyone have any insight about where my problem may be or the quickest way to find where the wire feeding the door may be loose or broken.

Thanks,

Dax
DaxWagner
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: 2000 Solara Speaker not working

Postby Down2TheC » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:59 pm

The door inner panel comes off with a few screws. You'll probably find that the speaker is toast or there's a disconnect in the door.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby DaxWagner » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:45 pm

Thanks, I will open the panel this weekend and see if I can find something. Is there a place on the forum that details removal of the panel?

Dax
DaxWagner
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby EkiMucH » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:26 pm

I can send my pdf copy on taking off the door panels from crutchfield to you if you leave an email address in my inbox.
EkiMucH
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby dougdangger » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:49 pm

it's easy dude. There are 3 screws under the door, one behind the lever from the inside and I believe another one by the handle. Pry it open with a putty knife. Once its loose, you pull the panel upwards and you should be able to remove it.

Best way to test the speaker is to disconnect the connector from the head unit. Get alligator wires and clip them to each terminal of the speaker. Take a 1.5V AA battery and tap the other end of the alligator wires. If you hear a crackling sound then the speaker is good. If not, it's toast.
dougdangger
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Audio/Video/Navigation