[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Fm cutout
Talk about audio, video and nav installations and applications.

Fm cutout

Fm cutout

Postby Delstars » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:19 pm

So I just got my 2000 solara sle a month or so ago and am fairly happy with it so far, only a few little quirks so far and nothing too serious. One of these quirks are the FM stereo. It will cut out at random for no aparent reason. Sometimes It will work for hours on end, sometimes it quits 5 seconds after the car starts, and sometimes it will come back on at random. I have no idea where this problem came from or how to fix it. The AM stereo will work at any given time but unfortunantly I have yet to find a good AM station. At first i thought it was a loose wire of some sort but I think I've ruled that out because it always turns on when the car first starts and will procede to cut out at any given time. If any of you could help it would be greatly apreciated.
Delstars
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Fm cutout

Postby Delstars » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:50 pm

Just an update, I found out that it doesnt entirely cut out, however it just goes REALLY quiet, if you crank it you can here it slightly, it seems to be clear but its still not enjoyable, and if it starts working properly again, well you can say goodbye to your eardrums. Still don't know what the problem is but am probably gona take it out and see if I can tear it apart and put it back together. If anyone knows what's happening it would be greatly appreciated if you could help.
Delstars
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Fm cutout

Postby jmhai » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:52 pm

Is it a convertible? If so their is a plunger switch that turns off and back on the radio while switching the subwoofer off and on for if you have the top up or down. The plunge switch goes bad.

If a hard top would pull the radio out and start wiggling wire sounds like you have a loose one..
jmhai
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Audio/Video/Navigation