[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - To JBL amp or not to JBL amp...that is the question.
Talk about audio, video and nav installations and applications.

To JBL amp or not to JBL amp...that is the question.

To JBL amp or not to JBL amp...that is the question.

Postby jobodizo » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:15 am

Hey Everybody,

I recently blew out the driver's door tweeter in my 01 Solara with factory JBL. When I took the panel off to test it I realized that the 6.5's weren't still stock anyway, so no reason to spend big $$$ trying to find OEM. So, this weekend I wired Infinity Kappa 60.11cs and 693.11i and everything sounds even better than before.

Question: I'm looking at installing a Pioneer avh-x3600bhs while I'm at it, mostly because I really want the aux in for the iPod (but all the extra bells/whistles are nice, too!). How does the factory JBL amp compare to an integrated HU amp? I DON'T want to wire a new external amp, so the choice is really either stock JBL versus 22RMSx4 Pioneer (2 ohm speakers, so not sure if this shifts???).

Thanks!
jobodizo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: To JBL amp or not to JBL amp...that is the question.

Postby GzNutz » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:54 am

The new hu should provide more power than the stock jbl and sound light years better.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Audio/Video/Navigation