[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - NEW picz from tha 808 . . .
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

NEW picz from tha 808 . . .

NEW picz from tha 808 . . .

Postby TRD_solaRa » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:18 pm

Sorry bout the not-so-great camera angles . . . my brother's friend did the pics for me, as I'm away @ CU Boulder now. Peace.
CUSTOM straight 2.5" piping (welded angles = no bends/crimps in piping) Image
CUSTOM BLITZ Ti-mesh filter on Injen Short Ram Intake Image
Last edited by TRD_solaRa on Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TRD_solaRa
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby iaceit » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:22 pm

pics no workie
iaceit
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby WTF?? » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:19 pm

pics work ok on my end...

but honestly and no offense... those mufflers are a bit overboard... everythign else is koo :D
Retired... its been fun Image
WTF??
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Ryan » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:29 pm

dude your car looks cool except the muffler is there away you can moved that beside the rear valance not in the bottom of the valance cause it looks horrible that way
Ryan
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby toy4x4boy » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:25 pm

How loud is it with those mufflers? Any chance on making a sound clip?
99 Solara SE V6 5-speed - traded in

03 4Runner Sport 4x4 V8 - new ride
toy4x4boy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby thealkimo » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:13 pm

solara nytez wrote:pics work ok on my end...

but honestly and no offense... those mufflers are a bit overboard... everythign else is koo :D

yeah man, i liked your old setup as seen in your avatar more... :wink:
thealkimo
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TRD_solaRa » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:33 pm

I knew that many of you guys would say that you liked the old quad Maxspeed mufflers . . . but, I've wanted to do this for quite some time. Yes, it does get pretty damn loud when the engine heats up, considering that I still have the cat. Having the mufflers this way is a JDM thing in Hawaii. Most don't "get it", cept in Hawaii & Nihon (Japan). Thanks for the input guys.

jojoy wrote:dude your car looks cool except the muffler is there away you can moved that beside the rear valance not in the bottom of the valance cause it looks horrible that way

Huh?
Last edited by TRD_solaRa on Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TRD_solaRa
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby bassthrive » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:59 pm

I'd have to agree with the other posts. Those mufflers are a little too much for my taste. I think I would like them better if they were moved inward a little so that they clear the rear ground effects. Then raise those things up off the pavement to give a cleaner look. Thats my $.02
- Paul

y2k(1MZ)dWp
cpe mafci / apexi ws / tein s-tech + tokico / trd rsb
bassthrive
SolaraGuy Marklar
SolaraGuy Marklar

Postby Ryan » Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:06 pm

TRD_solaRa wrote:I knew that many of you guys would say that you liked the old quad Maxspeed mufflers . . . but, I've wanted to do this for quite some time. Yes, it does get pretty damn loud when the engine heats up, considering that I still have the cat. Having the mufflers this way is a JDM thing in Hawaii. Most don't "get it", cept in Hawaii & Nihon (Japan). Thanks for the input guys.

jojoy wrote:dude your car looks cool except the muffler is there away you can moved that beside the rear valance not in the bottom of the valance cause it looks horrible that way

Huh?

bassthrive wrote:I'd have to agree with the other posts. Those mufflers are a little too much for my taste. I think I would like them better if they were moved inward a little so that they clear the rear ground effects. Then raise those things up off the pavement to give a cleaner look. Thats my $.02

exactly
Ryan
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby arch.HI » Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:24 am

Just move them in towards the middle to clear the rear valences and up. That would make them look a lot better. The whole angled muffler thing is done for function not form.
2000 Camry LE V6
TRD Supercharged
arch.HI
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby arch.HI » Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:25 am

nice car by the way :D
2000 Camry LE V6
TRD Supercharged
arch.HI
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TRD_solaRa » Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:39 pm

cams wrote: The whole angled muffler thing is done for function not form.

To answer all of your guys' questions and rants, cams quote says it all. The pictures doesn't show it enough justice. The piping is angled perfectly so that there is a smooth flowing pipe. If I were to make the mufflers in more towards the center, the pipes would've bent awkwardly. Considering the fact that these are no normal size mufflers too, it wouldn't have fit evenly on both sides due to the lack of space. I went over this with my friends @ Exhaust Systems Hawaii for nearly 45 minutes; discussing the muffler/angle placement. Thanks for the input guyz. Peace.
TRD_solaRa
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby amp3188 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:49 pm

Personally, I love them. What do those things sound like? I am going to guess Puma. Do you have any web-site links to those or similar mufflers?
1999 V6 SLE Red Solara - 247,xxx
2003 V6 SLE Black Solara Convertible - 167,xxx
amp3188
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby TRD_solaRa » Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:17 pm

amp3188 wrote:Personally, I love them. What do those things sound like? I am going to guess Puma. Do you have any web-site links to those or similar mufflers?

This is where I bought them from . . . http://www.apexr1.com/unmuf.html. I trust them and they didn't take that long to get from AZ to Hawaii either. Shootz.
TRD_solaRa
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby s e y t o n » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:27 pm

TRD_solaRa wrote:To answer all of your guys' questions and rants, cams quote says it all. The pictures doesn't show it enough justice. The piping is angled perfectly so that there is a smooth flowing pipe. If I were to make the mufflers in more towards the center, the pipes would've bent awkwardly. Considering the fact that these are no normal size mufflers too, it wouldn't have fit evenly on both sides due to the lack of space. I went over this with my friends @ Exhaust Systems Hawaii for nearly 45 minutes; discussing the muffler/angle placement. Thanks for the input guyz. Peace.

trd_solara, just brush them haters off.. :drinking: i kinda like em.. but its your car and hey, whatever creams your twinky!
-Sam

Black 2000 5s-fe 5 speed - "Blackie"
s e y t o n
devilish solaraguy
devilish solaraguy

Next

Return to Pictures and Videos