[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Bye Bye ~ Solara...
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

Bye Bye ~ Solara...

Postby NaptownSolara » Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:56 am

Your next step should be bigger brakes and steel brake lines :)

Flip, are there any big brake packages for the Solara?
2001 Toyota Solara SLE V6 - Silver
Alpine/Kicker audio system
NaptownSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Awww...come on!

Postby martian01 » Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:23 am

Flipside909 wrote:
martian01 wrote:
tranny swap.. hmm.. i am sure my car's current value is even lower than the cost...

I would ditch the idea of a tranny swap. By the time you have it installed...after paying for parts, labor and etc, you could have used those couple thousand dollars on paying off the car or putting into a newer better car.

Dat's Rite!! Man it's just a fricking solara...
1998 Dec - First time see a Solara ->
2000 Oct - First car I got - Solara SE ->
2001 Oct - First car that I trade for - Solara SEV6
martian01
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby martian01 » Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:31 am

NaptownSolara wrote:Your next step should be bigger brakes and steel brake lines :)

Hey i found this thing but have no idea if its really gonna fit or work.. any thoughts?

http://www.geocities.com/afanasyev.geo/SolaraBrembo.html

Also.. what's manufacturer for the TRD brake lines..? It's discontinued too.. Or i believe there are better brake lines out there..? Anything recommended?
Thanks!!
1998 Dec - First time see a Solara ->
2000 Oct - First car I got - Solara SE ->
2001 Oct - First car that I trade for - Solara SEV6
martian01
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby NaptownSolara » Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:35 am

Brembo totally rocks. If the cross-drilled option is cast that way, I'd go with that. Otherwise I'd do slotted. That's not cheap for a brake system, but Brembo is one of the best on the market, and when it comes to stopping power, I think it's worth the $$... They should fit fine, as long as you have 17" wheels or larger. I don't know if the TRD steel lines are discontinued. Flipside will though.
2001 Toyota Solara SLE V6 - Silver
Alpine/Kicker audio system
NaptownSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Flipside909 » Wed Oct 16, 2002 2:23 pm

NaptownSolara wrote:

Yes. There's a custom Brembo Package out there by Race Technologies (i think it was). Their rep by the name of Dennis is the one who was leading the sale. The kit is around $2k for front and rear.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Previous

Return to Pictures and Videos