[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Completed turbo pics!
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

Completed turbo pics!

Completed turbo pics!

Postby UfoZ8myCow » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:16 pm

Alright guys, I know Ive kept you waiting forever but here are the pics of the completed turbo setup on the Scepter. Im in the process of uploading a short in-car video (courtesy of ZoniCamry.com) and will post the link to that once it's done. Youll have to excuse the slightly dirty engine bay... Its been raining nonstop here in stupid SoCal.

Here is my mod list, in case youre wondering:
CT-26 Turbo with internal wastegate (rebuilt and bead blasted)
K & N Filter
Precision 450hp intercooler
HKS SSQV Blow off valve
Turbo XS Dual Stage manual boost controller (low-8psi high-11psi)
3S-GTE MAP sensor
3S-GTE turbo manifold
3S-GTE oil pan
Greddy oil sandwich adaptor
Greddy oil catch can
Accufab 1-1 adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Custom intercooler piping
Custom 2.5" downpipe/deleted cat
Custom 2.5" turbo back piping
Veilside Teardrop stainless exhaust

And the pics:

You can pretty much see everything in this picture, Optima yellowtop, CT-26, K&N filter, Intercooler piping, HKS SSQV, Greddy catch can, Turbo XS DSBC, Accufab adjustable FPR, etc etc:

Closeup on the Turbo XS dual stage boost controllers, Greddy oil catch can, and HKS blow off valve. Right now low boost is set at 8psi and high boost is set at 11psi. I wont be doing much driving at 11psi though... Probably wont last too long like that.

Accufab adjustable 1-1 fuel pressure regulator:

Closeup on the Accufab. This thing is literally 4 times the size of the stock FPR. Also, look below and to the right of the FPR. You see that little purple fitting right there? Its an HKS fitting and cost me 50 bucks. $50!!! Im going to be salty about that for a while.

Couple shots with the intercooler in sight:

All youll be seeing thatll let you know what's going on under the hood...

Actually, this is all youll be seeing. And youll hear a loud Pssshhht! Jk, Im not that cocky, but the car is pretty quick now. :D

Hopefully Ill be able to take the car into Autolink sometime next week for a little dyno tuning action and get some numbers. I think Joseph (ultraslowsolara) made around 180whp on a similar setup but smaller turbo. Im hoping to break the magic 200whp mark. Ill update this post in a little while when Ive uploaded the video I made.
UfoZ8myCow
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby krawzyazn » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:24 pm

man why does the IC hang so low???
2002 2AZ-FE SILVER Toyota Solara
<B>FIRST 2AZ Gen 1.5 Solara with Headers!!!</b>

<B>http://WWW.Obamastinks.net</B>
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby indiglosolara » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:28 pm

krawzyazn wrote:man why does the IC hang so low???

thats what i was going to say.. you shiuld prolly paint the IC black in the front also. Alot of cops are starting to crack down on aftermarket turbos and giving them tickets for state ref. I would try to make the IC not as noticeable IMO... but good work so far..
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby TRD_solaRa » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:30 pm

krawzyazn wrote:man why does the IC hang so low???

Yea hacome? Couldn't you have mounted it a few inches higher and "custom" cut the bumper to show it off and increase air flow? The intercooler has PHAT potential to get scraped or torn off cuz it isn't protected very well. Anywayz . . . it still looks SIIIIICCCCCKKKKKKK!!!
TRD_solaRa
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby UfoZ8myCow » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:38 pm

Hahaha I was sure that yall would see the intercooler and be like "what the heck?!"

I have a new front bumper that is in the process of being painted and I will get it installed sometime in the next week or so hopefully. I know it looks kinda funny hanging down like that for now. I also didnt want to cut into the bumper support and sacrifice safety. When I test fitted the new bumper it actually fit the intercooler perfectly, so just wait a lil longer. :D

PS- Here is the link to the in car video I made. Hopefully it should work. And I know my camera skills suck, but you try steering, shifting, and holding that stupid thing all at once! Its hard!

http://www.zonicamry.com/images/movies/118-1803_MVI.AVI
UfoZ8myCow
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby indiglosolara » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:08 pm

Video link doesn't work....
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby SC V6 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:54 pm

yeah... I can't see... get one of the blow off valve... really wanna hear that.. I love how that sounds
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby thealkimo » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:41 pm

what kind of front bumper is it?

btw, lucky you! :bday:
thealkimo
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby UfoZ8myCow » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:42 pm

UfoZ8myCow
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TRD_solaRa » Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:17 pm

UfoZ8myCow wrote:Ok, fixed the link for the video:

http://www.zonicamry.com/images/videos/118-1803_mvi.avi

hoooooooo mean da video! how much boost you runnin . . . i couldn't really tell from the video . . . is it like 10 psi or 5 psi?
TRD_solaRa
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby UfoZ8myCow » Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:52 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention which gauge is which. On the dual pillar pod I have Oil pressure on top and EGT on the bottom. On the steering column left side is Boost/Vacuum and right is Fuel pressure.

In the video I was boosting at 8psi.
UfoZ8myCow
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Mole » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:08 pm

i like the strut bar.

haha.

hmm...

a few questions, who was holding the camera?

i can assume you have a shriek type BOV (loud piercing since the camera didnt pick it up, but was replaced by a cricket sound.)

what was the red light on your gauge cluster that came on?
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby UfoZ8myCow » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:15 pm

Its an HKS blow off valve... Its sorta hard to explain it. Not so much a shriek, it isnt that high pitched. I guess youll just have to hear it in person at the next meet!

And the little red light that came on was my brake system warning light. It keeps flickering on and off because one of my taillights was burnt out earlier today. I actually only realized that after I made the video and watched it later. And that was me holding the camera... Hence the shakyness.
UfoZ8myCow
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby junest » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:33 pm

that's sssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!
2004 Solara SLE V6 Convertible
Webpage
junest
super solara girl
super solara girl

Postby Mole » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:37 pm

UfoZ8myCow wrote:Its an HKS blow off valve... Its sorta hard to explain it. Not so much a shriek, it isnt that high pitched. I guess youll just have to hear it in person at the next meet!

And the little red light that came on was my brake system warning light. It keeps flickering on and off because one of my taillights was burnt out earlier today. I actually only realized that after I made the video and watched it later. And that was me holding the camera... Hence the shakyness.

dude... thats scary. driving while recording. make a camera mount.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Next

Return to Pictures and Videos