[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - my car with nokya artic white - '01 silverstream sev6
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

my car with nokya artic white - '01 silverstream sev6

my car with nokya artic white - '01 silverstream sev6

Postby droomyster » Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:48 pm

just wanted to post a picture of my car with the lights

it was raining, not quite dark enough to see how bright they really are.

like i said before... i don't remember what is in the fogs. i thought they were nokya's but they may not be. one of them is whiter than the other so they may be mixed =P

Last edited by droomyster on Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
droomyster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ericatdallas » Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:55 pm

Yeah, that's hard to tell. :)
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby droomyster » Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:28 pm

i'll go back out in a hour or so and take another :D
droomyster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby droomyster » Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:26 pm

as promised...

and..

the difference in the fogs is more noticeable than i thought...

nobody sees the front end anyway :lol:
droomyster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ericatdallas » Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:15 pm

hmm I can see your license plates. You did such a great job with the earlier one :)

Yeah, they look better than stock. No yellowish/orange look. I'll go take a pic of mine and uplod it here.
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby droomyster » Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:47 pm

ericatdallas wrote:hmm I can see your license plates. You did such a great job with the earlier one :)

Yeah, they look better than stock. No yellowish/orange look. I'll go take a pic of mine and uplod it here.

hehe... oh well, it was dark on my computer so i couldn't see it. i turned up the brightness and i can see it now. oh well. no biggie. yeah, i really like em
droomyster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ericatdallas » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:13 pm

Yeah, you can see the difference there. Yellowish. Now I know I gotta get some new bulbs!
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Missay » Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:49 pm

i can't see the license plate..too dark..o well..i'm horrible w/ the plate thing..i really don't care..lol.

those lights look nice..i should take pics of mine..i have slightly purple ones..i wanna get fog lights tho to match. i think that looks fine w/ the fogs you have..are those just the factory ones?

i almost wonder if the previous owner changed the fogs cause they are sooo bright! not yellow either...most of my light at night comes from the fog lights.
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby droomyster » Fri Oct 18, 2002 7:56 am

Missay wrote:i can't see the license plate..too dark..o well..i'm horrible w/ the plate thing..i really don't care..lol.

those lights look nice..i should take pics of mine..i have slightly purple ones..i wanna get fog lights tho to match. i think that looks fine w/ the fogs you have..are those just the factory ones?

i almost wonder if the previous owner changed the fogs cause they are sooo bright! not yellow either...most of my light at night comes from the fog lights.

i fixed it at some point last nite. most of the time i don't care about my plate, but i figured i should, i dunno.
those are white fogs, not sure what kinda, considering one is whiter than the other, i think i mixed them by accident (like one blew and i just replaced it thinking they were the same) . i'm going to ask my friend to get me nokya's for the fogs. considering i get these at a discount rate (practically free), it is a better deal than HIDs :D
droomyster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby onefiend » Fri Oct 18, 2002 8:24 am

I have the stock bulbs on my car still, but it doesnt look as yellow as ericatdallas', I wonder why his are really yellow or maybe I just cant tell the difference yet.
onefiend
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby droomyster » Fri Oct 18, 2002 8:27 am

this adds to my argument that the headlights were changed some time between '99 and '01. i have yet to year from someone who has a 2000, does anyone have a 2000?
droomyster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby NaptownSolara » Fri Oct 18, 2002 9:03 am

Nope, 2001 here. A good way of benchmarking our lights is to take a picture of the lights shining on a white surface (garage door or something) from a set distance (say 3 feet) at night. That way there are at least a couple constants. There's still the camera's quality to consider, but whattya gonna do?
2001 Toyota Solara SLE V6 - Silver
Alpine/Kicker audio system
NaptownSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Flipside909 » Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:17 pm

droomyster wrote:this adds to my argument that the headlights were changed some time between '99 and '01. i have yet to year from someone who has a 2000, does anyone have a 2000?

I just looked at a whole list of TSB's on the Solara...and the only change in headlights and design was for the 2002 models. Everything from 99-01 has stayed the same with the same H4/9003 OEM Sylvania Halogen.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby droomyster » Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:20 pm

Flipside909 wrote:
droomyster wrote:this adds to my argument that the headlights were changed some time between '99 and '01. i have yet to year from someone who has a 2000, does anyone have a 2000?

I just looked at a whole list of TSB's on the Solara...and the only change in headlights and design was for the 2002 models. Everything from 99-01 has stayed the same with the same H4/9003 OEM Sylvania Halogen.

*shrugs*, newer sylvania halogen's maybe? or i could just be totally wrong.
droomyster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby NASTY » Fri Oct 18, 2002 2:17 pm

Flipside909 wrote:I just looked at a whole list of TSB's on the Solara...

where do you find these?
'01 SLE V6
NASTY
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Next

Return to Pictures and Videos