[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Pics of 5300 McCulloch's HIDs GEN2
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

Pics of 5300 McCulloch's HIDs GEN2

Postby bluesolara » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:48 am

sure...I'm happy that you're happy with your system...and it sure looks sickkk....

I guess I'm just too much of a HID person, so I look into details...

haha

Enjoy your amazing light output!

Kevin
2001 Indigo Ink Pearl SE
H4 6000K/Tein S-tech/Motegi FF7 Gunmetal17'/Kuhmo Ecsta Asx tires/Short Shifter (custom)/Clear Corners//TRD muffler
God bless.
bluesolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby trd43 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:02 am

Hi,

Great Pics! Looks like a worthwhile upgrade!

My main concern right now is warranty.

I was reading a thread on HIDplanet.com that really got me thinking...Tell me if this makes sense to you:

Warranties don't mean squat with these kits. At least for US distributed kits. The government is cracking down on US distributors big time. To date (11/2004), NHTSA has investigated 24 HID conversion kit suppliers; all investigations have resulted in recalls or termination of sales.

RM Racing
Astex USA
Kmax International
FET, Inc.
J. Liu LLC
Gourmet Garage
JC Whitney
Lighting Research
SPW Industries, Inc.
Pacific Micro-lite
McCulloch Motors, Inc.
Santeca Electronics
JF Manufacturing
Streetglow, Inc.
Outback Products, Inc.
Nu Performance
GR Motorsports, Inc.
Global Premier
New Clor
Importhookup.com
DG International
MTC Lighting
Umnitza
Liteglow
American Products Company

How do you get a warranty/replacement parts from a company that is no longer in business or doesn't carry the product anymore because the government busted them??

If you must buy a kit, I would suggest purchasing one from a distributor outside of the US.

Here is a link to the thread:

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/vie...p?p=15280#15280

This makes complete sense... If these companies close down I really dont have any warranty what so ever unless I buy from a company that is based outside of the US??

Thanks for your time... Just want to make sure I am making the right choice especially when spending sevral hundered dollars.
trd43
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Pictures and Videos