[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - TITO'S SOLARA
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

TITO'S SOLARA

TITO'S SOLARA

Postby TITO » Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:30 pm

99 V6, LOWERED, COOL CUSTOM GRILL, TINTED WINDOWS, CUSTOM FRONT BUMPER, WHITE 17" WHEELS, BODY KIT, CLEAR CORNERS, INTAKE WITH K&N.
TITO
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Gunman » Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:45 pm

you know thats the one thing i hate about jersey and new york, they make us put on front plates

so how much time to you spend keeping your rims white? i like the grill, blends in nice
Last edited by Gunman on Tue Dec 03, 2002 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solara's "official" handsome guy.
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TITO » Tue Dec 03, 2002 9:15 pm

Thanks. You know, it's really hard to keep them clean because you have to also wash the inside (back side?) of the rim but, gotta keep looking good.
99 V6, LOWERED, COOL CUSTOM GRILL, TINTED WINDOWS, CUSTOM FRONT BUMPER, WHITE 17" WHEELS, BODY KIT, CLEAR CORNERS, INTAKE WITH K&N.
TITO
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Missay » Tue Dec 03, 2002 9:46 pm

lol.. i had to take a double look at yur license plate..looked vulgar for a sec :P

so that's what a clean car looks like? damn snow has everyone's car ugly!

i like tho rims, they look hot w/ the diamond white paint
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby TITO » Tue Dec 03, 2002 10:13 pm

No snow in Central California, temps have been in the mid 80"s all Nov.
TITO
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Missay » Tue Dec 03, 2002 10:28 pm

80??? :o thanks for letting me know... :(

my weather icon on the computer says it's 15degrees ....u know what that means....ICE!!

as much of a pain it is to wash those rims, at least u can still wash it! i'm dreading my first "auto car wash" trip..ooo..think of the scratches, and how impersonal! lol..i like to labor over every inch of the car scrubbing and polishing!

you would get rid of those white rims in a heart beat if you had snow. my tires aren't even black right now, they're salty white :roll: as is the black paint.
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby ICrazyChrisI » Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:23 am

Very original! I've never seen that kind of grille, fog light location, skirts, and rear skirts! Looks clean..but u gotta get front skirts now :D
ICrazyChrisI
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Flipside909 » Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:10 am

Definitely different! Good work. I'm not a fan of white rims on any car. I like the mesh action on the grille. Nice touch.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby nkx1 » Wed Dec 04, 2002 9:14 am

Sweet ride. Looks good! In contrast to what Flipside said, I actually think white rims look good on white cars. On any other color they look wacky though. What kind of material did u use for your grill? Also, what kind of body kit is that?
2001 SLE, Diamond White Pearl
nkx1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Peter » Wed Dec 04, 2002 9:22 am

hey, sweet ride. what size are those rims, there's still a lot of space left between tire and fender....arent the intrax supposed to drop like 1.8? what size tires also? nice clean ride though. im also not a fan of white rims, but i still like the car.
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Blaze » Wed Dec 04, 2002 9:24 am

yep car looks good, i like the grille alot :)
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby pecora55 » Wed Dec 04, 2002 11:54 am

Missay, just use a no touch car wash :) there a Sparkle Wash around you? thats what i use makes it look nice they also have the spotless stuff that gets put on, it does a decent job, but i still dry it myself, no scratches like the scrub ones, just use one of them :)
Goodbye solara, loved you while i had you :( now into my bros hands, and hello Spec V...BYE BYE SpecV HELLO 04 Maxima ;)
-------------------------------
'04 Maxima SE
'03 Sentra SpecV(SOLD)
'99 Solara SLE V6 Auto(SOLD)
pecora55
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby pecora55 » Wed Dec 04, 2002 11:56 am

oh and TITO did u cut out the bottem pieces on the grille or what? just wondering, looks good...
Goodbye solara, loved you while i had you :( now into my bros hands, and hello Spec V...BYE BYE SpecV HELLO 04 Maxima ;)
-------------------------------
'04 Maxima SE
'03 Sentra SpecV(SOLD)
'99 Solara SLE V6 Auto(SOLD)
pecora55
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Yanks0114 » Wed Dec 04, 2002 4:03 pm

pecora55 wrote:Missay, just use a no touch car wash :) there a Sparkle Wash around you? thats what i use makes it look nice they also have the spotless stuff that gets put on, it does a decent job, but i still dry it myself, no scratches like the scrub ones, just use one of them :)

Ehh No touch still doesn't get the salt from the roads off the car. It takes a lot of TLC (Tender love and car) to get a car looking clean. I miss the warm weather and washing my car everyday
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby TITO » Wed Dec 04, 2002 7:46 pm

Thanks for the encouragement. :D I put alot of time and thought into the mods I've done so far. The grill material I got from Kragen. I cut the original grill center part leaving the frame part only then you have to sand it smooth then insert the mesh. On the bottom part, I did cut out the center piece and sanded it smooth and then I had my body shop paint the bottom part. Then I inserted the grill mesh. I used the fog lights because the look good add lumination and they also fill the space left when I cut out the center piece. The body kit is custom, yes I still need the front corner skirts. The intracs lowered it 1.6" and the tires are 215/40/17. She sits very low with the sring/tire combo, sometimes I scrape. :x I'm thinking next time to get a little higher profile tires to help avoid scraping and to fill in the wheel wells more.
TITO
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Next

Return to Pictures and Videos