[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Successful ES300 Cluster Swap for Gen 1-1.5
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

Successful ES300 Cluster Swap for Gen 1-1.5

Successful ES300 Cluster Swap for Gen 1-1.5

Postby made in china » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:45 pm

A few people told me that it could not be done. So, I went ahead and did it anyway :drinking:

This is a very difficult mod because all of the important signals are either reversed, or of a different level between the Camry and ES300. These stupid gauges have a "computer" in them, so I had to get tricky. As you can see, I still need to give the computer a "good" Oil Level signal as the Camry doesn't have oil level sensing and this cluster thinks my oil level is low.

I will be offering a kit to do the swap very soon...along with a LED board for the manual AC so I can change those over to white LED to match the cluster. This will apply to both Camry (whatever gen is brother to gen 1-1.5) and Solara.
Gettin' pirate eyed.......

2002 BSP SE V6 5 Speed
TRD RSB
5000K HID Headlights
3000K HID Foglights
Gen 1.0 Tails
Optitron Lexus Cluster
made in china
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DatSRBoi » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:05 pm

OMG DROOLLLL

YOU DA man dude.. But what makes it cool over the stock one? Is it because its symethrical?
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby Steve526 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:08 pm

Not bad man :wink: but to be honest I like the stock gauges better.

EDIT:

Wait wait, those guages are for an auto, you have a manual? I'm confused now, how does that work out?
Steve526
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DatSRBoi » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:30 pm

I think it would be a great jump on if only the MPH went up to like 160 or 180. And a RPM of 12K..Because then I could go yeah my solara "can" hit that speed haha.
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby made in china » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:38 pm

Steve526 wrote:Not bad man :wink: but to be honest I like the stock gauges better.

EDIT:

Wait wait, those guages are for an auto, you have a manual? I'm confused now, how does that work out?

I need to black out the AT section. Ya know, ES300 of that gen never came in MT.

BTW, this won't work for 4 bangers.

2002 BSP SE V6 5 Speed
TRD RSB
5000K HID Headlights
3000K HID Foglights
Gen 1.0 Tails
Optitron Lexus Cluster
made in china
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby made in china » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:41 pm

DatSRBoi wrote:OMG DROOLLLL

YOU DA man dude.. But what makes it cool over the stock one? Is it because its symethrical?

You should see it in person. This cluster looks 100X sharper, and they do a synchronized start-up (big deal I know, but it's cool to me). I hated that all the new cars are coming out with hi visibility "optitron" style clusters....looking at the stock cluster just made the car feel so "early 90"s" I mean the stock gauges are really dull.

2002 BSP SE V6 5 Speed
TRD RSB
5000K HID Headlights
3000K HID Foglights
Gen 1.0 Tails
Optitron Lexus Cluster
made in china
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DatSRBoi » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:55 pm

made in china wrote:
DatSRBoi wrote:OMG DROOLLLL

You should see it in person. This cluster looks 100X sharper, and they do a synchronized start-up (big deal I know, but it's cool to me). I hated that all the new cars are coming out with hi visibility "optitron" style clusters....looking at the stock cluster just made the car feel so "early 90"s" I mean the stock gauges are really dull.

I like it through. Compare to stock that looks VERY bright and sharp.
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby Fresco Bob » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:03 pm

I think is looks pretty good. If the 'blacking out' of the auto tranny gear selector indicator (part in the middle with P N D...) works well, you should also do the 'unleaded fuel only', itd look much cleaner.

How long did this take you? Have you thought about a dash trim kit? I think it would complete your interior as far as giving it the lexus look.
Fresco Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby dvdchris45 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:04 pm

it looks awesome..all that hard work paid off. enjoy!
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SolaraBlue » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:06 pm

looks great! i want one! you sure know your stuff.
off topic however im wondering how the LED project is moving along?
keep up the good work china!
SolaraBlue
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby made in china » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:17 pm

Fresco Bob wrote:I think is looks pretty good. If the 'blacking out' of the auto tranny gear selector indicator (part in the middle with P N D...) works well, you should also do the 'unleaded fuel only', itd look much cleaner.

How long did this take you? Have you thought about a dash trim kit? I think it would complete your interior as far as giving it the lexus look.

THX for the ideas....I was actually going to black out the unleaded fuel thingy also...I was just so excited to get this project done, that I will do the black out stuff tomorrow. I am curious to open up the cluster and see what makes it so darn bright....I'm guessing it is white cold cathode lamps, man this cluster is very bright.

I am definitely going for the Lexus look. I will do a white LED swap on my stock radio, install white cold cathode lamps in the footwell, change the power window switch to white LED, and I'll also do white LED illumination for the AC controls too.

Not too into dash trim kits that stick on....

2002 BSP SE V6 5 Speed
TRD RSB
5000K HID Headlights
3000K HID Foglights
Gen 1.0 Tails
Optitron Lexus Cluster
made in china
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SirMacDaddy » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:16 pm

DIY?
SirMacDaddy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby that1mexguy » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:26 pm

I like how people told you it couldn't be done and you went ahead and did it, freaking awesome. I had thought about the idea before but never thought it was possible and I lack the creativity involved to get it done. Once you come out with the final kit let us know man, I 'might' be interested.
that1mexguy
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:43 pm

Look wise, its awesome. I'm sure rather than just backiing out the PRND, can't you diconnect those somehow??
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby ---CAMRAZY--- » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:01 pm

Very nice.
If there are any haters in here right now that don't have anybody to hate on, feel free to hate on me.-Katt Williams
---CAMRAZY---
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Next

Return to Pictures and Videos