[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Successful ES300 Cluster Swap for Gen 1-1.5
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

Successful ES300 Cluster Swap for Gen 1-1.5

Postby lilm » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:18 pm

the only problem with doing full cluster swaps is that your resale value might go down just because the milage in your ecu AND the cluster dont match.....its the reason why i have camry cluster with the orig. solara spedo....does look really nice i wanted to do that to and i was one of the unbelivers and for that i give you props :) it looks sexy as hell in white doesnt it. ive switched everything but my center console to white led's just havnt really wanted to take my radio out and start a new project.

VERY NICE JOB 8)
[quote="PhreakdOut"]Nice Jeff. I can't even get fat chicks to pose with my cars. [/quote]
lilm
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby made in china » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:06 pm

lilm111 wrote:the only problem with doing full cluster swaps is that your resale value might go down just because the milage in your ecu AND the cluster dont match.....its the reason why i have camry cluster with the orig. solara spedo....does look really nice i wanted to do that to and i was one of the unbelivers and for that i give you props :) it looks sexy as hell in white doesnt it. ive switched everything but my center console to white led's just havnt really wanted to take my radio out and start a new project.

VERY NICE JOB 8)

I will get a cluster with better mileage soon. The ECU doesn't store mileage at all.

But hey, what does mileage matter when Carfax on my car shows "Major Frame Damage"???
Car is worth about $5 anyway, I might as well mod away.
Gettin' pirate eyed.......

2002 BSP SE V6 5 Speed
TRD RSB
5000K HID Headlights
3000K HID Foglights
Gen 1.0 Tails
Optitron Lexus Cluster
made in china
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SolaraGuy22 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:49 pm

That is so nice, great job and I agree with you on the startup I think that's the coolest thing.
SolaraGuy22
SolaraGuy Pimp
SolaraGuy Pimp

Postby CASTRO » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:37 am

if you ever decide to sell that cluster, im very interested in it. Ever consider selling a kit of some sort?
97 Camry XLE S/C V6 -- 07 "New Formula Red" S2000 -- 07 "Milano Red" Fit Sport
ImageImage
CASTRO
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Whatever » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:42 am

kinda odd but looks good
Whatever
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Duffman » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:06 pm

I always assumed that as long as you knew which wires on the Solara harness did what, you could make an adaptor to work with the ES300. I'd be interested to see how you took care of the wiring!

I'd also like to know how exactly they made that much light come out of the cluster. I've tried cathodes in my cluster, but had lackluster results; my best look thus far has been to use Xenon 194 bulbs in place of the stock bulbs (it's a light, light grey look, not nearly as bright as Optitron but not too shabby. I also swapped the needles from the orange on the Solara to the white ones from a Camry, and put LEDs in the HVAC controls.

But seriously, mad kudos for the mod job. Would love to get an idea of what the innards were like.
2002 Toyota Solara SE V6 5-Speed
2005 Pontiac GTO 6-Speed
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250 ABS
Duffman
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Down2TheC » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:32 pm

Fresco Bob wrote: you should also do the 'unleaded fuel only', itd look much cleaner.

So true. 'Cuz it's so hard to resist with all those leaded fuel pumps around... we really nead that warning. :roll: I'm surprised they didn't put "UNLEADED FUEL ONLY... AND NO JET FUEL!"
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby lilm » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:53 pm

made in china wrote:
lilm111 wrote:the only problem with doing full cluster swaps is that your resale value might go down just because the milage in your ecu AND the cluster dont match.....its the reason why i have camry cluster with the orig. solara spedo....does look really nice i wanted to do that to and i was one of the unbelivers and for that i give you props :) it looks sexy as hell in white doesnt it. ive switched everything but my center console to white led's just havnt really wanted to take my radio out and start a new project.

VERY NICE JOB 8)

I will get a cluster with better mileage soon. The ECU doesn't store mileage at all.

But hey, what does mileage matter when Carfax on my car shows "Major Frame Damage"???
Car is worth about $5 anyway, I might as well mod away.

actually i belive the dealer can check on the ecu.....but with major frame damage on your carfax lol it really doesnt matter :)
[quote="PhreakdOut"]Nice Jeff. I can't even get fat chicks to pose with my cars. [/quote]
lilm
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Successful ES300 Cluster Swap for Gen 1-1.5

Postby cduluk » Fri May 18, 2012 8:39 am

Hey guys- does anyone happen to have a copy of the wiring diagrams to convert the toyota wiring to the lexus gauge cluster? I'm trying to do the mod but can't figure out the wiring.. Thanks!
cduluk
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Pictures and Videos