[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - (Updated w/pics)New eyes on this Lara!(ZoomZoom's Gen 2)
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

(Updated w/pics)New eyes on this Lara!(ZoomZoom's Gen 2)

(Updated w/pics)New eyes on this Lara!(ZoomZoom's Gen 2)

Postby ClassySolaraGuy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:03 am

Hey all!

This weekend I decided to do yet another mod to my girls Lara. I just can't stop lol! As far as custom headlights go for the Gen 2 lara's I have seen: eye lids, tint & reflector removal but not painted headlight housing. It has been talked about but I haven't seen it put into action so I thought I'd step up & execute. Here is a little preview of them. :D

Last edited by ClassySolaraGuy on Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Project: Icis (My gurls 05' Sport 3MZ)

"Passion in a project reveals the perfection at work"
ClassySolaraGuy
1 Rockin' Solara
1 Rockin' Solara

Postby Sebas007 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:15 am

Nice work !! Hurry to see it on the car ! :)
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby PhreakdOut » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:25 am

I've been waiting to see someone do this. For mine, I had planned on painting these areas red to match the body color. Black or unpainted would look hot as well.

Nice work, I look forward to seeing the final results.
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:27 am

imo i would keep the housing black if you're looking to paint it. maybe it's just the type of car but a few days ago I saw a red IS300 with the headlight housing painted red to the same color of the car, and i'm telling you it looked ugly, just my opinion though, good luck on the project! ;)
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby michaels artic frost » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:31 am

congrats and good luck w/ your project.

There's a gold plated set, which tacti has. There's also a chrome and black, similiar to what you're trying to do there. There's also another set of all black housing floating around as well. From my sources, there were several of these floating around on actual solaras, but no owners besides Tact has posted pics.

These were all done as test products from the actual manufacturer of our headlights, which never went into full productions.

Good luck and glad to see you doing the work yourself. It's always a great feeling for these projects done as DIY projects. Only the owner knows the hard work that is involved. PROPS!!!

-Michael T.
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby **PoshPepper** » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:42 am

Looking good, cant wait to see them on the car!!!
The Original... SOcalLARA
Milt's OTHER ride
**PoshPepper**
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ClassySolaraGuy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:59 pm

Sebas007 wrote: Nice work !! Hurry to see it on the car !

I'll be posting pics after dinner tonight 8)

PhreakdOut wrote: I've been waiting to see someone do this. For mine, I had planned on painting these areas red to match the body color. Black or unpainted would look hot as well.

Nice work, I look forward to seeing the final results.

Thx Brian, Those 2 combo's would look way sick!

woa_its_j3ff wrote:imo i would keep the housing black if you're looking to paint it. maybe it's just the type of car but a few days ago I saw a red IS300 with the headlight housing painted red to the same color of the car, and i'm telling you it looked ugly, just my opinion though, good luck on the project! ;)

Lol Jeff!...You know they used to be all chrome. I just painted them a dark charcoal metallic. I do agree with you on some that paint them with the same color scheme of their car's. On cars like the Lara I think they would look awesome but on other...blah!

michaels artic frost wrote:
congrats and good luck w/ your project.

There's a gold plated set, which tacti has. There's also a chrome and black, similiar to what you're trying to do there. There's also another set of all black housing floating around as well. From my sources, there were several of these floating around on actual solaras, but no owners besides Tact has posted pics.

These were all done as test products from the actual manufacturer of our headlights, which never went into full productions.

Good luck and glad to see you doing the work yourself. It's always a great feeling for these projects done as DIY projects. Only the owner knows the hard work that is involved. PROPS!!!

-Michael T.

Thx for the props Mike! I had forgotten about Tact's headlight's. It does feel way good to DIY. I'll tell you what though, These bad boys could probably be submerged underwater after all the silicon I used to seal them up! :)

**PoshPepper** wrote: Looking good, cant wait to see them on the car!!

Thx Posh...Will def post pics later today! 8)

ClassySolaraGuy
1 Rockin' Solara
1 Rockin' Solara

Postby kingkakyle » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:03 pm

wow that paintjob looks so clean
it looks like it came from the factory!!
cant wait to see some pics of it on the car
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby PXLpainter » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:07 pm

I was thinking of doing the exact same thing to mine - only in a flat black so that LIDAR will have a smaller target to shoot at! ;)

Can't wait for you to finish your damn dinner already and get some pics up! :lol:
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Biggi_e » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:28 pm

looks great! lucky zoomzoom...this spring/summer im taking my headlights apart again to make it look cleaner from the previous job i did of removing the orange deflector..might try this as well.
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ---CAMRAZY--- » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:09 pm

Good work son, I hope Jes loves it and rewards that job with something good.... eh?
If there are any haters in here right now that don't have anybody to hate on, feel free to hate on me.-Katt Williams
---CAMRAZY---
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby ClassySolaraGuy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:34 pm

All right all...Here are some shots of them on her Lara. 8) Also painted the lower grille to match the top.

ClassySolaraGuy
1 Rockin' Solara
1 Rockin' Solara

Postby Biggi_e » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:37 pm

sort of hard to tell but it still looks great. what did you use to open up your lights? i used a heatgun which took forever
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Sebas007 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:49 pm

On a black Solara it must look even better !! I like it ! :)
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby SolaraBlue » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:55 pm

looks clean.
SolaraBlue
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Next

Return to Pictures and Videos