[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - crispmongo air filter = HP!!!
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

crispmongo air filter = HP!!!

Postby crispone » Thu May 10, 2007 3:27 pm

UNLV sucks wrote:damn that filter is huge! so are the injen and cpe intakes the same diameter? haha, i might want to buy a new filter media also.

I'm not certain, but I think the Injen is smaller diameter than the CP-e pipe... but you should just be able to measure the diameter and get an appropriate K&N for your pipe...

Good luck!

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby crispone » Thu May 10, 2007 7:40 pm

Well... some additional driving around... more lower gear local zipping around... and I would venture to say the rest of you CP-e guys may want to try one of these on, for the money. It's very little out of your pocket, but I'm pretty sure you will notice a difference...

SEBAS!!! I know you're out there! You need MORE POWER! :wink:

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby Midias » Thu May 10, 2007 8:01 pm

Mine gets really dry really fast as well i nthink I will upgrade
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Sebas007 » Sat May 12, 2007 5:01 am

crispone wrote:Well... some additional driving around... more lower gear local zipping around... and I would venture to say the rest of you CP-e guys may want to try one of these on, for the money. It's very little out of your pocket, but I'm pretty sure you will notice a difference...

HAHAHA Yeah I just fall on the topic randomly. Very interesting and yeah the Afe filter dries out every 2 minutes ! :P If you can give us the K&N part number it will be perfect !! :D I'm curious to see the difference at high RPM...would like to have a lower sound the Afe filter screaming all the time. I'm looking like a crazy driver and scaring the people because of that demonstration of sound. Tell me and I'll get it...+1 for the red filter matching the FSTB (not same tone of red but still more red than Afe ;) )

If we can open the guts of the exhaust system and free out some space...the air will scream liberty again !! :D
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby PXLpainter » Sat May 12, 2007 6:10 pm

Injen is way smaller diameter (2-1/2" dia I believe - but I'd have to measure it to be sure).

That filter is comical Chris! :D

I'm going to eventually go CAI with my setup this Summer - looking forward to actual MEASURABLE difference there as well! ;)
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby crispone » Sat May 12, 2007 7:22 pm

Sebas007 wrote:
crispone wrote:Well... some additional driving around... more lower gear local zipping around... and I would venture to say the rest of you CP-e guys may want to try one of these on, for the money. It's very little out of your pocket, but I'm pretty sure you will notice a difference...

HAHAHA Yeah I just fall on the topic randomly. Very interesting and yeah the Afe filter dries out every 2 minutes ! :P If you can give us the K&N part number it will be perfect !! :D I'm curious to see the difference at high RPM...would like to have a lower sound the Afe filter screaming all the time. I'm looking like a crazy driver and scaring the people because of that demonstration of sound. Tell me and I'll get it...+1 for the red filter matching the FSTB (not same tone of red but still more red than Afe ;) )

If we can open the guts of the exhaust system and free out some space...the air will scream liberty again !! :D

K&N Filter Number: E-0773

This was an "off-the-shelf" item at my local Autozone store. I think it was $52.99 which is an incredible bargain for what I THINK I have gained.

Sebas! WE NEED you to get this and give us your OBJECTIVE feedback, so we may know for sure if my impressions are "FLAWED" or not. 8)

Let me know if you cannot get this filter... I'd be happy to grab one and send it to you.

NOTE: You will NOT (easily... it MAY be possible...) be able to put the REAR OF BATTERY securing THREADED ROD HOOK into the original location where it "hooks" down at the base of the battery area to secure it to the vehicle. I latched mine to the BRACKET HOLE where the battery harness was CLIPPED into, since I pulled that "x-mass tree clip" out and left it "free". It requires loosening the nut and "cocking" the rod at an angle and tightening it down. (There's a better way... but this took minutes... and has worked.)

...keep us posted. :wink:

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby crispone » Sat May 12, 2007 7:46 pm

PXLpainter wrote:Injen is way smaller diameter (2-1/2" dia I believe - but I'd have to measure it to be sure).

I'm going to eventually go CAI with my setup this Summer - looking forward to actual MEASURABLE difference there as well! ;)

It makes me chuckle all the time! 8)

Did you ever get the CP-e? Did I miss it?

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby Sebas007 » Sun May 13, 2007 4:37 am

crispone wrote:
PXLpainter wrote:Injen is way smaller diameter (2-1/2" dia I believe - but I'd have to measure it to be sure).

It makes me chuckle all the time! 8)

Did you ever get the CP-e? Did I miss it?

First Jeff, I think Injen diamter is 3". I remember some comparaison thread written by Down2Thec (Mike) 3"(Injen) vs 3.5" (CP-e)

Chris, Jeff has installed the CP-e and also feel the gains ! You really missed it ! ;)

I will seek for the specific K&N air filter...I will let you know...I figure at 80% what you were talking about (battery rod) I will have to refresh my mind watching down under my hood !!

Hahaha I just find the normal application of the filter (some GMC trucks)
http://www.knfilters.com/search/applications.aspx?Prod=E-0773

I find it pretty cheap at amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/K-N-E-0773-Replacement-Filter/dp/B000AP1MXO
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Midias » Sun May 13, 2007 6:01 am

Ebay intake is 3 in (too big)

injen is 2.75 (just right \)

and CPE is 3.5 (too big without maf kit)
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SdeA » Sun May 13, 2007 12:51 pm

How about the Injey Filters? Its has 3.5 diameter

6.75” Base, 5” Height, 5” Top only 45.95 free shipping

http://www.autoanything.com/air-filters ... 9A0A0.aspx

compare to the K&N 5.8 x 5.8 x 7.2 inches

Its a little bit smaller maybe it would fit better?
SdeA
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SleeperSolara » Mon May 14, 2007 8:04 am

Very nice man. 8)
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Midias » Mon May 14, 2007 7:45 pm

Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ---CAMRAZY--- » Mon May 14, 2007 8:06 pm

Jesus!!!! What filter is that for? A Cummins 600 Turbo Diesel?? LoL!!
If there are any haters in here right now that don't have anybody to hate on, feel free to hate on me.-Katt Williams
---CAMRAZY---
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Sebas007 » Tue May 15, 2007 5:46 am

Midias wrote:here on ebay 40 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0103260990

$35.96 on amazon.com with no shipping fees.
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Midias » Tue May 15, 2007 5:51 am

---CAMRAZY--- wrote:Jesus!!!! What filter is that for? A Cummins 600 Turbo Diesel?? LoL!!

* Make: Chevrolet
* Model: Colorado
* Year: 2004 / 2005 / 2006
* Engine: 2.8L / 3.5L
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures and Videos