[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - crispmongo air filter = HP!!!
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

crispmongo air filter = HP!!!

Postby Midias » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:20 am

Jakecallun20 wrote:Anyone installed one of these on a Gen 1 yet?

Yes

Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby TRDGen5.5Camry » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:55 am

ok so i'm a lil confues which filter to get for the injen sri for the V6?
TRDGen5.5Camry
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Mr_Krispy1183 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:44 am

^Stick with your current filter, and get the cold air extension here http://solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=43396 to go with your Injen.
'01 zenki MCV20 Silverstream Opalescent
Mr_Krispy1183
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Mr_Chunkz » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:10 am

Mr_Krispy1183 wrote:^Stick with your current filter, and get the cold air extension here http://solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=43396 to go with your Injen.

+1
- Mr_Chunkz -
The Daily
Mr_Chunkz
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TRDGen5.5Camry » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:09 am

i would if my car was a 97-01 camry but i have a 2005 camry :(
TRDGen5.5Camry
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Mr_Krispy1183 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:25 am

^That being the case, Just find a similar filter, but with the correct size inlet to fit your Injen intake pipe.
'01 zenki MCV20 Silverstream Opalescent
Mr_Krispy1183
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Great Post! Watch for rubbing

Postby ridetopless83 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:52 am

This is a great post. This is helpful for any noob like me, to know that upgrading the filter on almost any air intake or even stock can give you a little better air flow and can cut down on your maintenece. The only thing I know from experince, is to watch rubing with out having the filter in the heat sheild ( not on Solara, a ford ranger "POS"). Every bodies pics look like everything is very secure to reduce movement, mine was not, zip ties (like I said noob). Anyhow the filter worked great, did not dry out, and stayed clen for a long time. When I went to clean it notice it had been rubbing underneath and created a hole(can't be good for the engine). Just something to look out for from a noob.. Thanks for letting me be a part of this group. Looking forward to getting some pictures up, but it has not gotten above 34 in Baltimore, and she needs a good wash.

Ben
03 V6 Solara Convertible
ridetopless83
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: crispmongo air filter = HP!!!

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:12 pm

2 year bump for no apparent reason. I was trying to find a solution to the cp-e filter drying out hella fast and I remembered the crispmongo filter so I checked it to see if there would be any difference and Crisp addresses just that!

mine should be coming in soon. sounds like a very positive experience. thanks again for the writeup crisp.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby stringbean » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:00 am

huge filter! loving it! i need to buy a new filter come this summer! no point of putting it on while streets are still littered with crap
stringbean
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby crispone » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:27 pm

yaddadaimsayin wrote:2 year bump for no apparent reason. I was trying to find a solution to the cp-e filter drying out hella fast and I remembered the crispmongo filter so I checked it to see if there would be any difference and Crisp addresses just that!

mine should be coming in soon. sounds like a very positive experience. thanks again for the writeup crisp.

:wink:

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:04 pm

geez cleaning the filter out today left so much grime and dirt it was disgustingggg. i was way overdue for a cleaning and re-oil. now i feel so self-conscious driving the car around because i feel like everytime i put my foot on the pedal the cp-e is about to suck the filter dry again.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Projex0 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:43 pm

Dry Flow ftw
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mig0s » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:12 pm

Is it that bad to suck up dry air?
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Pictures and Videos