[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Introducing... yaddadaimsayin's weekend improvements
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

Introducing... yaddadaimsayin's weekend improvements

Re: Introducing... yaddadaimsayin's weekend improvements

Postby stringbean » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:23 am

Happy birthday man! car looks really good! :) keep em coming!
stringbean
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:48 pm

Happy B-Day!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby jimmm » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:43 pm

Happy Birthday, David, and good luck with all your future plans.
2004 SLE V6 3.3 Desert Sand Mica
jimmm
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:13 pm

thanks guys! 25 is gonna be a big year for me and i'm really lookin forward to it. time to get my grown man on!
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby napster_atk » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:15 pm

happy bday man! car looks amazing!
napster_atk
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SleeperSolara » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:06 am

Car looks good man.
Happy Birthday also.
Good luck wit the house search.
I'm browsin' the house in my area also.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:06 pm

dang it's been another year come and gone.

in this last year, the only thing i've added to the car were the 2.5 tails and wrapping up the wheels in some new s-drives. while there aren't many mods available for our cars, i feel like there's always more that I can spend money on (new wheels, new paint, new lights, better sound)... unfortunately.

I went through a real serious debate about getting kyb struts or going for a full coilover setup. I knew inside that i couldn't justify spending that much money a few months before my wedding but i tried justifying it anyways. eventually, i figured that I might just win myself over and get the coilovers so to stop the debate, i just went and bought the kybs. they just got in yesterday so I'm gonna find some time the next week or two to get them installed and get my rear fenders rolled.

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h292/ ... -10-56.mp4
this is a video of my seafoam for Saturday. There was hella smoke and my CEL (as well as every other warning light, VSC, trac off, etc) came on for the first three times I drove it. I don't know if it was a placebo effect or if it was really a lot smoother, but it felt good to drive. I took it for a 40 min drive (including to the wekfeast meet) right after.

with the miles i have on this car, instead of selling it for something cheap, i might as well drive it into the ground. it's been good to me and i'm sure it'll last me another 100k.

note to self:
if any, i'm gonna limit myself to only one (more) mod for 2012 - black housing headlights. control yoself!
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Projex0 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:43 am

nice job on the seafoam yadda, while your at it do a retro on the headlight at the same time
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:11 am

Projex0 wrote:nice job on the seafoam yadda, while your at it do a retro on the headlight at the same time

lol you know i tried to check up on how much a pair of brand new gen2 headlights would be and they run about $300 APIECE!! A pair would've cost me as much as all 4 of my kyb struts. it's nuts man. so just know whenever you see me one day with a pair of new headlights that I've become some sort of high roller.
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby t3chnique » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:43 pm

Your getting hitched?! Congrats :drinking:
Tony the Tiger wrote:FWD = king of the streets with unpredictable pavement and road conditions.
t3chnique
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Projex0 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:49 am

yaddadaimsayin wrote:
Projex0 wrote:nice job on the seafoam yadda, while your at it do a retro on the headlight at the same time

lol you know i tried to check up on how much a pair of brand new gen2 headlights would be and they run about $300 APIECE!! A pair would've cost me as much as all 4 of my kyb struts. it's nuts man. so just know whenever you see me one day with a pair of new headlights that I've become some sort of high roller.

a new pair c'mon just keep searching i have a spare passenger side in my storage in hella good condition but one of the tab hole is busted but i can fix it easy. lets just say i got it cheap but stay away from the used ones with any tabs completely broken. just waiting out out till a good priced driver side to pop up.

also i dunno where you lookin but i've seen brand new PAIR goes for around that price.
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:48 pm

yeah dude I wonder if my insurance would just cover all the rock chips and sandblasting done on my hood, bumper, and lights from all my trips down to LA. Even with a $500 deductible that'd be f*cking awesome.

$500 seems like chump change to me these days compared to all the expenses that are going out. I'm meeting with a wedding photographer that bridezilla insists we have (i know black bob feels me on this one). 10 hours of service + photos runs somewhere between $4-$6000! gotta be shittin me man. I said why don't we just tell every chump attending with an SLR camera to bring it and snap a billion photos and we'll pick our favorites, but I guess that isn't how weddings work.
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:57 pm

4-6 is what it would take to get your Lara boosted. :(
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:27 pm

6 is what crisp is selling his lara for! :( :( and to think all that just for one day's worth of memories. women are an interesting species.
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:50 pm

So what are you getting out of this? And don't say a lifetime of memories.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures and Videos