[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Introducing... yaddadaimsayin's weekend improvements
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

Introducing... yaddadaimsayin's weekend improvements

Postby SleeperSolara » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:37 am

Looks good man. 8)
I hope you used jack stand after you had the car high enough.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby TLMNICK » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:45 am

Car looks nice bro!....lowering it makes those stock wheels look bigger. Keep modding :)
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:58 am

appreciate the comments guys. camp- I'll look into that website.

Front Tint - As you can tell from the pictures, the black tint in the back contrasts greatly with the transparency of the front windows.

Wheels - I've always wanted a black set of rims with a machined lip around to complete the look of the ride. I been savin up steadily for it because it will be the most expensive thing I put on my car... BUT.. last week, first time ever letting my girl drive my car. The tire popped and she tried to pull over into the next parking lot, but that extra 100 ft of driving hella f*ked up my wheels! I ended up replacing all 4 tires for almost 800. I think I'll have to wait for a while for those now :(

Repaint/New front end - This car was hella sandstormed and I have white blotches all over the front of my car. It looks like a lot of dust but its indented all over the hood and front bumper.. and my headlights and fogs are hella clouded up from it too. Its bums me out everytime I see it... I just don't know if I'm willin to spend that money right now.

Muffler - I almost had a great deal TRD muffler in my hands but I let that one slip. The cp-e sounds dang nice and I think a muffler would compliment it quite nicely, except as a Financial Advisor, I need to go visit customers a lot and I don't want to be pulling up in a loud or too unprofessional of a ride. I'm thinkin about it.

Also, in the last 3 days, I wrote out checks for my cell phone ticket ($132), registration ($291), insurance ($539), getting the car lowered ($250)... add on the $800 for the tires and I barely have enough cash left to buy a cardboard box so I can live on the street. :(

I need to recuperate financially for a bit before I can seriously think about more upgrades.

And I'm on the market lookin for a house so I keep tellin myself "david be koo" but the temptation of car parts is too strong! I can't fight it!
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby t3chnique » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:28 pm

from what i've heard, the TRD axelback is not too loud.
more of a low rumble
Tony the Tiger wrote:FWD = king of the streets with unpredictable pavement and road conditions.
t3chnique
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby BesI » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:21 pm

looking good so far .. keep it up ..
BesI
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby jimmm » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:40 pm

David!!! You show yourself at last!
I am very impressed about everything,
from the beginning to the present.
Thanks for a very good presentation, my man.
Jimmm
2004 SLE V6 3.3 Desert Sand Mica
jimmm
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Akfahad » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:23 pm

good changes
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby BadAngel » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:15 pm

nice bro! my struts r coming in on the 17th and then im puttin everything in. The drop really makes the car... i wish mine was black hhaha nice ride!
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby iinokturnolii » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:20 am

nice ride bro! great start! keep up the good werk!
iinokturnolii
Exotic Herb Sampler
Exotic Herb Sampler

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:17 am

I will nokturnol 8) you did set a pretty high bar for us black gen2's though.

thanks for the encouragement guys.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:45 am

yaddadaimsayin wrote:
I need to recuperate financially for a bit before I can seriously think about more upgrades.
... but the temptation of car parts is too strong! I can't fight it!

This past weekend I put on 20% tints in the front to set off my 5% tints in the rear. I also installed a TRD exhaust.

:( but :)

Videos and pics soon!
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby LEE337 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:03 pm

Way to go David!!!!
She looks awesome. 8)
Dont ya love the way she handles now with the RSB and the springs??? When I put my TRD RSB on I also put new Monroe struts and Tein springs. I know you love takin them corners now with a lot more confidence.

Thanks for sharing, Im sure you have more mods to come.
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby DriDed » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:57 pm

Very nice!
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: Introducing... yaddadaimsayin's weekend improvements

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:17 pm

today's my birthday so I took the day off of work to wash up the solara. haven't updated this in a year and half already (has it really been that long?). anyways, here is how the ride sits as of now. I'm in the process of looking to purchase a house and getting hitched so I think the mods will be put on hold for awhile.

The list in order of how they came:
cp-e intake
HIDs
TRD lowering springs
TRD sway bar
Tint (20% front, 5% rear)
TRD exhaust
Black grille
Alpine HU + ipod touch
Rocksford Fosgate amp
2 10" JBL subs
17 x 8.5 wheels

*pictures from girlfriend's iphone4*

Even though this place isn't what it used to be, I just wanna say thanks to the solaraguys for all the useful advice, parts, and information I've recieved from the boards these last few years. my car would've sat boring stock without you guys. :rock: rock on!
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Introducing... yaddadaimsayin's weekend improvements

Postby mig0s » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:23 pm

Wow nice pictures man! Never knew these pictures would come off a phone...And happy birthday for you, also good luck on the house.

Now time to post some pictures of the girlfriend hahah j/k :P
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures and Videos