[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Rebuild of Indiglosolara
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

Rebuild of Indiglosolara

Rebuild of Indiglosolara

Postby indiglosolara » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:51 pm

Hey All,

Its been a while since I've updated the Solara. For some of the newbies that don't know me to well I've been on the boards since 2002 when i first got my Solara.

My Solara was a daily driver that turned into a show car from 03 to 06, you can see my car domain pictures which are REALLY OLD. I gave the car to my sister when I bought my xB back in 06 and was parted out back to stock form (almost i should say) and it wasn't until about Jan of 2009 that my sister bought a new car and gave the Solara Back to me.

I've kept it pretty stock up until about March and decided to put a few parts back in.

The lastest mods I have done to the car now were mostly Suspension, wheels and Paint work. (Thanks Gregs bro for the awesome work and greg has helped me allot of working on my suspension and all the tuning we needed to do)

Not all my mods are installed yet but i got the car back from the Shop couple of weeks ago and finally got some shots of the car. Couple of more items to be installed but those have to wait until I get more time.

Recent updates -
JIC Coilovers dropped 3" in the front and 2.75" in the rear as of right now
TRD KIT put back on
Smoked Fogs
Blacked out headlights + corners
Black out Grill and Emblem
Wheels I got some cheapies on there but I have a set of work wheels being redone.

Rota D2 17x8.5 +40 offset front, 17x8.5 +25 offset rear (no I am not running spacers) wheels were order with those specific offsets

Here are some pics of the car as it sits now and also I've been asked before how my wheel fitment is so here are some pics finally of how they fit. I don't plan on going all out since its my daily driver now. I just wanted to make it look clean!!

**Update on fixing the picture links
Last edited by indiglosolara on Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby lilm » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:59 pm

404 error 8)
[quote="PhreakdOut"]Nice Jeff. I can't even get fat chicks to pose with my cars. [/quote]
lilm
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby t3chnique » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:08 am

extremely nice solara
might i ask, are those Works 18s? :P
t3chnique
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby indiglosolara » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:13 am

Sorry the works I have are 17's...

I am trying to stay away from 18's right now... plus with how low I an willing to get 17's will look big on the car.. Once I get my works refinished I will be going lower!! probably another inch front and back

my work wheels are 17x7.5 +24 offset front (A disk)
17x8.5 +19 offset rear (O Disk)
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby Mr_Chunkz » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:13 am

:( those rims look too small
- Mr_Chunkz -
The Daily
Mr_Chunkz
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby indiglosolara » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:15 am

Mr_Chunkz wrote::( those rims look too small

sorry not a big fan of big wheels anymore....
17's is perfect for what I need...
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby Mr_Chunkz » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:18 am

indiglosolara wrote:
Mr_Chunkz wrote::( those rims look too small

sorry not a big fan of big wheels anymore....
17's is perfect for what I need...

Track duty?
Damn I was gonna go 19 on my lara soon too lol
Hey man your offsets are nice... I think im going to take note of it. Makes the rear of my solara look WEAK
- Mr_Chunkz -
The Daily
Mr_Chunkz
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Mr_Krispy1183 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:33 am

Congrats on making a comeback Kenny. Your old GReddy EVO has been serving me well since I bought it from you all those years ago. Props for going the extra mile to use true offset and not spacers (I like my Meisters too much and am too cheap to buy another set of wheels, so I gave in, haha!). Got a decent paint hook-up? My grill and hood need some serious love.
'01 zenki MCV20 Silverstream Opalescent
Mr_Krispy1183
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Toy1mzfe » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:34 am

Looking good. I guess we can be in the twenties in the rear. What you done to the fenders? just a roll. And camber?

I would love to see the car lower. :)

I dont care what people say, i like those 17." With those D2's because of their style, the wheels do look smaller than like flat faced or concaved.

Quick question. Shed some light on the A and O disk.. and whats is mean?
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Mr_Krispy1183 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:41 am

Toy1mzfe wrote:Looking good. I guess we can be in the twenties in the rear. What you done to the fenders? just a roll. And camber?

I would love to see the car lower. :)

I dont care what people say, i like those 17." With those D2's because of their style, the wheels do look smaller than like flat faced or concaved.

Quick question. Shed some light on the A and O disk.. and whats is mean?

20-something offsets can definitely be done with you 8.5-width guys. Since I'm only at 8", I'm going to push my luck and go +12 in the rear, and move my old 15mm spacers to the front, effectively bringing that to +22.

As for the disks, I'll jump in on this as well, being a fellow WORK owner. The disk refers to the build/pad of the wheel, and what it provides. IIRC, A-Disk provides decent lip for the front wheel while still being able to clear your brake calipers, while O disk is face really close (sheet-of-paper clearance!) to the calipers, but providing maximum lippage. Being that I bought my wheels directly from WORK/AKH Trading because they just happened to find this set sitting in a corner of their warehouse, I had to accept the deal I was given if I wanted the long-discontinued Meister S2Rs (ET+37, 18x8.0, R Disk=BBK clearance, but smallest lip amount, damn!)
'01 zenki MCV20 Silverstream Opalescent
Mr_Krispy1183
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby TheTamago » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:50 am

you're such a sicko.. welcome back with your refreshed looks. I am envied with blueness.
[b]AZ TO HI Dis Egg Can Roll[/b][IMG]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q296/THeTamago/Idol-Car-Pose.jpg[/IMG]
TheTamago
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby i20solara02i » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:59 am

welcome back kenny
version 3.0 complete 302 hp 303 tq stay tuned for 3.01 (meth installed, now needs to get it tune)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOTi2NPNIA
i20solara02i
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 1gSE » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:25 am

looks good. I love that color :sweet:
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby mightymouse402 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:49 am

pure sickness...
That's what she said...

mightymouse402
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby akora12 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:43 am

Looks great, glad to have you back. I like the 17's, I've always been a fan of some rubber (even though I currently have 18's).
2000 Solara SEV6 5-speed S/C - Dismantled and sold :(
akora12
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Next

Return to Pictures and Videos