[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Photos of my *Mint* Black 1999 Solara SE V6
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

Photos of my *Mint* Black 1999 Solara SE V6

Photos of my *Mint* Black 1999 Solara SE V6

Postby DSM_Lara » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:21 am

Well, it's about half a year since I own the Lara. So, I decided to do my first photo shoot of the Lara. I do have an TRD Kit but, unfortunately it still in the process of being painted. The only thing thats installed is the rear valence and a Renova grill that's Twilight Blue for now. Thanks, SolaraBlue for the Kit and Grill. Enjoy :drinking:
First off was removing the "Toyota" wording emblem.
Still undecided if I should remove all of the emblems or paint them black.
Ok, since I took care of that emblem for now I'll remove the others for later. Now time to clean her up and take some serious shots.
There were many more shots left but, I wasn't sure which to post up. To bad I didn't have someone with me so I couldn't do any rolling shots. I do plan removing the side emblems and all decals on the car once I have the kit on. Coming up in the future will be an drop, TRD Kit installed, and rims black with an red lip. Just picture my Lara in your mind with those added on. Anyways please leave a comment and let me know what you think do far.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: Photos of my *Mint* Black 1999 Solara SE V6

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:13 am

beautiful black sand pearl man!
i wish my paint was like that.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby DSM_Lara » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:25 pm

ToyoSolV6 wrote:beautiful black sand pearl man!
i wish my paint was like that.

Thanks for the comment. Yup, I was very lucky when I found this car. Everything in this car is very mint.

I believe the 99 models are Metallic Black paint code 204. As this thread says.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21684
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby mig0s » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:42 pm

nice shoots! BTW your sig is one of the most beautiful pictures of a Solara imo.

And for the emblems, I suggest you to take of the "Solara" and keep the Toyota Logo. It's beautiful and people get curious they are like "what the hell is this Toyota??" lol. Seriously tough that's what I did.

Nice pics
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Toy1mzfe » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:59 pm

very clean man.

You gotta do it up big like the rest of them hawaii heads. They slam their shi7 like nothing.
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby DSM_Lara » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:33 pm

Toy1mzfe wrote:very clean man.

You gotta do it up big like the rest of them hawaii heads. They slam their shi7 like nothing.

lol... like my 2G Eclipse GSX. Ignore the ricer in the background it's my renters. Once I get the kit on maybe I'll drop it like this.
Last edited by DSM_Lara on Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby KILLA CAM » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:19 pm

Remove the side emblems and the Solara emblem but keep the Toyota emblem, and keep it gold.

Props for a clean ride man. :sweet:
KILLA CAM
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DSM_Lara » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:20 am

KILLA CAM wrote:Remove the side emblems and the Solara emblem but keep the Toyota emblem, and keep it gold.

Props for a clean ride man. :sweet:

Thanks, I will do that then since 2 other people said to remove the "Solara" emblem. But, regarding the Toyota Logo that is Gold. Right now it's starting to turn chrome. So, what do you guys think of me painting it an Chrome Black?
Last edited by DSM_Lara on Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby timefourfood » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:33 pm

looks nice. are your lights stock or you have HIDs?
2000 SLE coupe
timefourfood
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:05 pm

that eclipse is hot! i see you are one of the potential solara owners who can turn our cars into an amazing looking machine. and I also like your unique decal. I remember when you first introduced the idea it wasn't very popular, but i'm sure people get a laugh out of it. keep up the good work.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SleeperSolara » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:03 pm

Very nice pictures man.
Dang your GSX is hella low. lol.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby DSM_Lara » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:39 pm

timefourfood wrote:looks nice. are your lights stock or you have HIDs?

Actually they’re Luminics… The one I have on the car are Ultra White. To be honest I wouldn’t recommend buying them because their light output isn’t as great in my opinion. I got them for temporarily because I just hate the stock ones. But, the fogs lights are Krypton JDM Yellow. Now that one I like. They say Krypton series has a better output and the bulb is larger. The fog bulbs does it job but, Lexus cap would be a lot better then these.

Anyways since we're talking about lights anyone can recommend me a pulg-n-play HID Lights for our car. I kind miss out on the group buy from KCE.

yaddadaimsayin wrote:that eclipse is hot! i see you are one of the potential solara owners who can turn our cars into an amazing looking machine. and I also like your unique decal. I remember when you first introduced the idea it wasn't very popular, but i'm sure people get a laugh out of it. keep up the good work.

Thanks, I can't help it. The reason I bought this car was for temporarily purpose. My 2G was getting a full rebuild and my brother needed a car in the future. So, I bought the Lara. But, as the month goes buy I starting to make this car my own. When I got it, all I thought was get tints, rims,TRD Kit, and just the basic stuff. I wasn’t planning on building this into a beast. But, I’m starting to love this car… maybe my mind will change.I think later on I won’t let this car go to my little brother. As of right now the Lara is my dialy driven. We will see what happens to the Lara in the future.

It’s hard when I’m a hardcore fan of DSMs. Just look at my sig… all those DSM I still currently own. I just pick up the 1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD. Maybe if I stop buying more DSM I can really get serious on building this car.

SleeperSolara wrote:Very nice pictures man.
Dang your GSX is hella low. lol.

Thanks, I like her like that. Definetly no heavy chicks in this car. lol
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby t3chnique » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:18 pm

Pictures look very nice. But man, I really like how the GSX sits! The Solara need to be dropped like that ASAP. I'm suprised your exhaust isn't flattened or at least dented for rolling hard like that. It's amazing what a good drop can do.
Tony the Tiger wrote:FWD = king of the streets with unpredictable pavement and road conditions.
t3chnique
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:20 am

X2 with all the good stuff everyone already said. :lol:
Very nice stuff. Kudos. :sweet:
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer