[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Photos of my *Mint* Black 1999 Solara SE V6
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

Photos of my *Mint* Black 1999 Solara SE V6

Re: Photos of my *Mint* Black 1999 Solara SE V6

Postby SleeperSolara » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:02 pm

DSM_Lara wrote:So, you have some caps and retainers for sale? If not, what is the part number/size. So I can try find some on Ebay.

The small center caps i have are TSW ones, but i need to get some TRD decals made.
I think i have 1 or 2 retainers, i would have to find them. lol.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby DSM_Lara » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:58 am

Was browsing youtube and found a dealership video of my Lara when it was being sold back in December. I thought it was cool and also gives you a better idea of the condition of the car when I picked it up.

Boy she came a long way after 7 months.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby DSM_Lara » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:14 am

My 8th month progress.
On Thursday... the LED Fog lights from Vik(Dawgz) came in. Installed them on the morning of Friday. Tap them into my parking lights and did a little test with them. So, now they blink when any of my signals are on and when not they just stay on with the parking lights. Overall I'm happy with the result and definitely a one of a kind.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:22 am

Wicked. 8)
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:00 pm

nice!!!! sick stuff wylie! looks real good. Now you need that drop and your golden :D
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:15 pm

damn that car is hot. props
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Dawgz » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:13 pm

Wow! Lol those things always seem to surprise me, lol...looks great, definiitly a head turner when ur driving around. :) have fun with them, I miss them already!
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby GzNutz » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:20 pm

Nice to see those fogs found a good home. They look great!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SleeperSolara » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:59 pm

Looks good man.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby DSM_Lara » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:06 pm

99BlackSandv6 wrote:Wicked. 8)

I thought you was going to pick these up. But, O well I saw it still for sale so I made the move.
ToyoSolV6 wrote:nice!!!! sick stuff wylie! looks real good. Now you need that drop and your golden :D

I know dam thing feels like its lifted... Wait for the TRD Struts from Greg. Also, what springs will work with that set-up? I want it to be a little lower in the fronts than the back.
yaddadaimsayin wrote:damn that car is hot. props

Thanks, I get that all the time people come up to me and say what great looking car I have. I even have more comments driving this car than the `97 Eclipse GSX.
Dawgz wrote:Wow! Lol those things always seem to surprise me, lol...looks great, definiitly a head turner when ur driving around. :) have fun with them, I miss them already!

Thanks Vik as I said many times. One of my favorite mod on this car so far. It is a head turner now with the LED Fogs on. My tints are dark at night so when I pass people I see them turning... they hatin... And tryin... to catch me ridin.... dirty... :drinking:
GzNutz wrote:Nice to see those fogs found a good home. They look great!

Yes, they will be in good hands. :D
SleeperSolara wrote:Looks good man.

Thanks Sleeper. Just bought one set of TRD Center Caps from NRDriver... Will see if I can Replicate them.
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby mig0s » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:10 pm

DSM_Lara wrote:Also, what springs will work with that set-up? I want it to be a little lower in the fronts than the back.

I say get the Teins. I just ordered them and they should arrive soon. According to my readings they drop 1.7" in the front and 1.4" in the back. BTW, your car looks wicked. I think I'll do something similar with my headlights.
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:05 am

I was going to get them, but I needed to throw cash at my ride for other things.
I actually got a pair of projectors at a stupid-good price, so I'm doing a similar retro.
I don't think I'm going to rock any LEDs in my set though.
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SleeperSolara » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:38 am

Sweet "DSM_Lara" !!
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby twinjetguy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:08 am

Hey DSM,

I have to say, awesome car man!!!! Really like what you have done to it so far. Your choice on wheels is great, not overdone and sport oriented looking, that was the exact goal I had when I bought mine. You will be stoked on the TRD struts! I have them on my car and went with the TRD springs. I REALLY like this set up. I hear that Tein springs will drop it a bit more than the TRD's but I am happy with the stance my car has now.

Can't wait to see more results with your car. The next time you take pics, can you please take a standard profile pic of your car? Any plans on doing any motor work do it? I might have to do that headlight upgrade as well, turned out nice.

Ryan
I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a alcohol enthusiast!
twinjetguy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DSM_Lara » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:39 am

twinjetguy wrote:Hey DSM,

I have to say, awesome car man!!!! Really like what you have done to it so far. Your choice on wheels is great, not overdone and sport oriented looking, that was the exact goal I had when I bought mine. You will be stoked on the TRD struts! I have them on my car and went with the TRD springs. I REALLY like this set up. I hear that Tein springs will drop it a bit more than the TRD's but I am happy with the stance my car has now.

Can't wait to see more results with your car. The next time you take pics, can you please take a standard profile pic of your car? Any plans on doing any motor work do it? I might have to do that headlight upgrade as well, turned out nice.

Ryan

Actually, those rims are the TRD Rims aka TSW Revo (bought from Greg). So, I'm going for that theme for now. I took those photos as a teaser and won't be taking anymore photos till I get the whole dam kit on (who knows when that will be). I just been busy with work and never had a day off for 2 weeks straight. :morning:

As far as any performance mod. This car is a DD so I wanted to make it look at least decent. I'm not really sure... because I want to build my 2G GSX more since it is faster/boosted and 5-Speed. But, in my back of my mind I do think I should mod the Lara and gain some little ponies but, will see. If so, CPE Intake, TRD Supercharger, exhaust, etc... Also, I’m suppose to past this down to my younger brother… Now seeing where it stands now I don’t know if I can. :P
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures and Videos