[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Photos of my *Mint* Black 1999 Solara SE V6
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

Photos of my *Mint* Black 1999 Solara SE V6

Re: Photos of my *Mint* Black 1999 Solara SE V6

Postby DSM_Lara » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:37 pm

Thanks you guys for all the comments. When it comes to speed bumps for the 2G DSM you should the crazy angles I have to go through. But, most of the roads here are not that bad and there are places I try to avoid with that car.

In the near future the Solara will have its TRD kit on, Black rims w/ red lip, and a drop. Once I have those on I'll take photos agian and post them in this thread. :drinking:
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: SOLD: Tinted tails

Postby DSM_Lara » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:20 pm

LEE337 wrote:Why are you sellin the tined tails for Nando? :(
They look great on a black Lara. 8)

Don't worry Lee they will stay on a black Lara. 8)

Thanks Nando,
Just received and all I can say they look great. Did you do them yourself? Hopefully I can put them on tonight and will see what happens. I'm pretty sure cops here are not that strict and they're just lazy.
ToyoSolV6 wrote:show me some pics man! :D

Here you go. TRD front are installed right now I'm waiting for the sides and back. Just the rear valence on makes a big difference. I know Renova grill is still Twilight Blue need to paint it. After that I'll remove the Solara Emblem and leave the Toyota Logo. Also, have to rock the Black Yoshi.
Before
After. I buffed out the lights when I received them.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:07 am

wow! they look super clean dude.
I would of kept them but cops are assholes here lol
Even with my exhaust everytime i pass by a cop i just press in the clutch until i get far from him. lol
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby GzNutz » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:55 pm

That's one clean ass lara!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DSM_Lara » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:10 am

I missed out on the KCE HID's group buy but, I went ahead and contact Kenny if I can purchase these at the normal price. Bought the H4 Bi-Xenon(Hi/Lo Beam) 6000k 55w and 9006 - 3000k 35w. Dealing with Kenny was straight forward. Anyways received the Kits but unfortunately I got the H4 Bi-Xenon(Hi/Lo Beam) 6000k 35w instead of 55w. People make mistakes but I just went ahead with it and installed it. Not that Kenny is a bad person to deal with. He went ahead and refunded me amount difference. So, overall I was still a satisfied customer and will also do purchase from him again

The other day I took some photos of the installment Miss out on some parts but, here they are.
One of the ballast.
The mounting brackets I made.
For the headlights I went a different route to mount them.
Driver side mounted within the fender.
Passenger side. I'm thinking about moving it to whats similar to the driver side.
The Fogs ballast are mounted under the headlights. In the photo the brackets are not screwed in yet but you can see that it's just being held on its own.
Night results.
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:16 pm

They look good dude, I like were you mounted your ballast i might just mount mine there as well.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby DSM_Lara » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:16 am

Thanks,
I tried to keep a stock appearance as much as possible and hide them. Bought the brackets at Lowes. All I had to do is hammer it to the right shape than paint them. Right now I don't really like where the passenger headlight ballast is. I was kind of disappointed with my friend because we was rushing and we had to go to work. So, we just mounted it there.
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SolaraBlue » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:20 am

Thats one clean Solara!
Lookin' good!
SolaraBlue
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DSM_Lara » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:31 pm

SolaraBlue wrote:Thats one clean Solara!
Lookin' good!

Thanks Jeremy,
That's your TRD Kit and Renova grill. It's slowy coming together. Waiting for more stuff to come in. Like the TSW Revo aka TRD rims. :sweet:

So you sold your Solara yet? Your Lara was rare because of its color.
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby indiglosolara » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:35 pm

looking clean... again sorry about the mix up with the ballast. But glad we worked it out.
Let me know if you need anything else.

Kenny
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby DSM_Lara » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:14 pm

A little Teaser.
Thanks Greg
Car was a little dirty.... never had the time to clean her up and snap more shots (dumb job). More photos will go up once the side and rear TRD goes on. I'm finally going to remove that decal on the rear window and replace it with a TRD Logo Decal just like the TRD Lara. I'm trying to replicate it for now and we will see how much I like the look.

Also, anyone have the center caps and retainers for these rims let me know. I did contact TSW but unfortunately there are discontinued. Sleeper I hope you got one... since you had alot of these rims you REVO whore...lol
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Mr_Krispy1183 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:13 am

Looking good, man. Nice to see those Revos out there in Maui!
'01 zenki MCV20 Silverstream Opalescent
Mr_Krispy1183
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:33 am

Very nice! I so envy your paint :puppydogeyes:
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SleeperSolara » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:53 pm

DSM_Lara wrote:Car was a little dirty.... never had the time to clean her up and snap more shots (dumb job). More photos will go up once the side and rear TRD goes on. I'm finally going to remove that decal on the rear window and replace it with a TRD Logo Decal just like the TRD Lara. I'm trying to replicate it for now and we will see how much I like the look.

Also, anyone have the center caps and retainers for these rims let me know. I did contact TSW but unfortunately there are discontinued. Sleeper I hope you got one... since you had alot of these rims you REVO whore...lol

Car looks good man.
I did that look for awhile, but could neva get a TRD kit..... :(
I think i have some here and there, i do have new TSW center caps, i just need to get some TRD circular decals made.
I am a Revo whore, i'm still thinkin' about buyin' some more Revo's. lol.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby DSM_Lara » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:58 am

GzNutz wrote:That's one clean ass lara!

I get that a lot. So far I'm loving the black. :wink:
Mr_Krispy1183 wrote:Looking good, man. Nice to see those Revos out there in Maui!

Thanks, so far I see a lot of heads turning and asking me what kind of car is that (most of them reply... Is that an Accord/Lexus :roll: . Can't wait till I get it lowered and with the full kit on. Then it should turn heads like crazy (or maybe their just looking at their reflection :wink: ).
99BlackSandv6 wrote:Very nice! I so envy your paint :puppydogeyes:

:gang: I did take more shots today. Debating if I should post it up and I finally removed that decal in the back. It was fun for while having it on. Now just need to make the TRD Logo to match with the theme.
SleeperSolara wrote:
DSM_Lara wrote:Car was a little dirty.... never had the time to clean her up and snap more shots (dumb job). More photos will go up once the side and rear TRD goes on. I'm finally going to remove that decal on the rear window and replace it with a TRD Logo Decal just like the TRD Lara. I'm trying to replicate it for now and we will see how much I like the look.

Car looks good man.
I did that look for awhile, but could neva buyinget a TRD kit..... :(
I think i have some here and there, i do have new TSW center caps, i just need to get some TRD circular decals made.
I am a Revo whore, i'm still thinkin' about' some more Revo's. lol.

So, you have some caps and retainers for sale? If not, what is the part number/size. So I can try find some on Ebay.
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures and Videos