[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - What has SoSleek been up to? *PROGRESS POST*
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

What has SoSleek been up to? *PROGRESS POST*

Re: What has SoSleek been up to?

Postby SoSleek » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:25 pm

Alright...here they are. I apologize, I am a photo whore!

Thanks for taking a look!
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:59 pm

Nice pics... and great looking Lara!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby PhreakdOut » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:53 pm

Nice choice on the Giovannas. Looks really slick on your ride. Which model are they? I'm running the Cuomos but I leave the gay looking center cap off and it makes the wheel look a 100% better. Yours are classy. What tires are you running? My 245/35R20 and 285/30R20's are pretty harsh with so little sidewall.
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby SoSleek » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:24 am

Thanks guys. The wheels are Giovanna Kilis.The tires are Falken FK452 and are 225/35/20's all around. What made you choose the different size? I was thinking about putting on TRD or Toyota center caps...what do you guys think?

SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby LEE337 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:38 am

Sharp wheels! 8)
20s look good on Gen 2/2.5's
...not so good on Gen 1/1.5's

I think the Giovanna caps you have on now look the best. :D
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SoSleek » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:14 pm

I do think the 20's suit the car well. I think it could also look terrible with the wrong wheel. I think the design of this wheel is open enough that it keeps a classy look, without being gaudy.

My next mod will be slotter rotors powdercoated in a near chrome finish & black powder coated calipers with EBC Redstuff pads.
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: What has SoSleek been up to? *PROGRESS POST*

Postby GzNutz » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:49 pm

I like the fact that the rims are chrome and yet the design doesn't play into the ghetto dub category.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby jimmm » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:21 am

Very nice. They seem to compliment the Toyota logo pretty good; don't know how it would look as a center cap. Stay away from the curbs, man. That rash would kill them.
2004 SLE V6 3.3 Desert Sand Mica
jimmm
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:24 am

GzNutz wrote:I like the fact that the rims are chrome and yet the design doesn't play into the ghetto dub category.

This was my exact goal...MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Thanks a lot guys.

Jimmm- Don't jinx me now! :lol:
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:27 am

Verrrry NIce indeeed!!!!

I'm not usually a fan of that style, but WoW. Great! :o
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby jimmm » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:29 am

SoSleek wrote:
GzNutz wrote:I like the fact that the rims are chrome and yet the design doesn't play into the ghetto dub category.

Thanks a lot guys.

Trust me, Sleek. If you get curb rash, it won't be because of me. Now, how exactly is this not ghetto dub category? Is it because they are Giovanna's or because they are yours?
jimmm
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:46 pm

jimmm wrote:
SoSleek wrote:

Thanks a lot guys.

Trust me, Sleek. If you get curb rash, it won't be because of me. Now, how exactly is this not ghetto dub category? Is it because they are Giovanna's or because they are yours?

I guess I interpreted it like this...a large percent of the people who buy large chrome wheels do it very tastelessly, and don't pay attention to the styling of the car to find a wheel that's appropriate. They find a wheel with the most busy spoke design and think it just looks sick. see below...

What I tried to do is take a different route. I looked at the styling and searched for a long time for a wheel I thought would look appropriate. Something that looked like it could have came that way, but I chose a larger wheel to also let them stand out a bit, so people know they are not stock. I think it's a perfect balance with these wheels. That's why i said "Mission Accomplished". Others may have different opinions, and if you think it falls under "Ghetto Dub" category that is just fine with me. Opinions are like assholes...everyone got one!
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:12 pm

I liked them because they appeal to me as a classy and very tasteful rim, not cheap/tacky/screaming for attention.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby jimmm » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:08 pm

SoSleek wrote:
jimmm wrote:
SoSleek wrote:

Thanks a lot guys.

I guess I interpreted it like this...a large percent of the people who buy large chrome wheels do it very tastelessly, and don't pay attention to the styling of the car to find a wheel that's appropriate. They find a wheel with the most busy spoke design and think it just looks sick. see below...

What I tried to do is take a different route. I looked at the styling and searched for a long time for a wheel I thought would look appropriate. Something that looked like it could have came that way, but I chose a larger wheel to also let them stand out a bit, so people know they are not stock. I think it's a perfect balance with these wheels. That's why i said "Mission Accomplished". Others may have different opinions, and if you think it falls under "Ghetto Dub" category that is just fine with me. Opinions are like assholes...everyone got one!

Nice route, Sleek. I can now understand what you meant by "ghetto dub." I am very sensitive to to the insensitivity of slang, and the terms "ghetto" and "ricey" are very easily misinterpreted and confusing to someone such as I. I do think your misson was accomplished. Nevertheless, I cannot help but to feel that someone else might have gone the same route as you to reach their accomplished mission as well, and yet it may not measure up to your standard. We would never know that, however, without knowing what was their plan. For me, it's easier to be critical than correct, so that's why I asked.
jimmm
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:37 pm

that poor camaro :(
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures and Videos