[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Here is my Solara so far
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

Here is my Solara so far

Here is my Solara so far

Postby EkiMucH » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:15 pm

Hello everyone, here is my Solara so far. I recently added HIDs to the headlights and planning to do the same for the fogs soon. Also recently got the TRD exhaust on there and loving my car so far! Maybe some more mods in the near future! :D

EkiMucH
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Here is my Solara so far

Postby SleeperSolara » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:50 am

Looks pretty good start man.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby EkiMucH » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Thanks! Next up is either the intake or the suspension, thinking about the Tein/Tokico setup or if I find out more info from the other coilovers out there and just save up for that.
EkiMucH
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:31 pm

how do you like the sound of the exhaust?
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby stringbean » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:41 pm

Looks like a super clean car and ready for some great mods! talk to indiglosolara he sells ksport (which make coilovers) at a good price! those stock rims? hids for fogs would be wicked man!

also could i suggest a body kit once your lowered! makes your gen car looks SICK!!

that or mp90 blower lol

none the less man! lovin' the car!
keep us updated!

Jared
stringbean
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby dinoxor » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:08 pm

looks like something splattered on your license plate ;]
jk
you should box wherever you needed censored and filter it out with pixel effects instead of swirling it like that, trips me out whenever I look at it!
but nice work so far!
you might have some trouble with the fogs because you might need to reverse the polarity on the female connector!
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby EkiMucH » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:58 pm

Right now I have some 17" wheels the previous owner had on, not sure on the specs really. I have to change that later. Also I am trying to find out more info on those ksports, but I am just taking my time since this is just my daily driver. The lip kit looks nice and I will work on getting that afterwards as well.

I like the sound of the exhaust so far, it's not quiet as before. It's not as loud as my little brother's WRX, which is good for me to not draw unwanted attention. My mom heard it and was like "what did you do to your car now, trying to be like your little brother or what" lol.

So suspension, Injen intake or cp-e if I can find one used on here one day, HID fogs, lip kit, and also need to fix the tint since there are some bubbles that's been bugging me.

dinoxor wrote:looks like something splattered on your license plate ;]
jk
you should box wherever you needed censored and filter it out with pixel effects instead of swirling it like that, trips me out whenever I look at it!
but nice work so far!
you might have some trouble with the fogs because you might need to reverse the polarity on the female connector!

Haha I will do that next time, was playing around with photobucket's editing since I don't really do much photo editing on my own.
EkiMucH
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby huddleston » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:34 am

1. tokico struts w/ eibach or tein springs
2. brakes
3. kaminari kit
4. 18's
5. debadge

thats pretty much it.... always loved the DWP's when modded. looks like you are off to a good start.
2011 Toyota PreRunner SR5 Doublecab
2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited
huddleston
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby EkiMucH » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:20 am

Recent shots from this past week from sunny California! Waited for the rainy weather from last weekend to go away before I gave my Lara a wash and wax...

Planning to get some Tokico/Teins, Megans, or K-Sports pretty soon, but hoping to get a hold of one of the TRD kits for sale on there first.

Not much done yet, but planning to install an Injen intake on Sunday and also trying to save enough cash to possibly head to So Cal and purchase the TRD kit from one of the guys on here by March.
EkiMucH
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby CosmicGrooves » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:25 am

nice car!
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby EkiMucH » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:15 am

thanks that signature pic of your ride looks nice as well! love that red and the style of the front on the gen 2
EkiMucH
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DSM_Lara » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:12 am

I got some gen1 tail lights for sale that would look good on your car.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby EkiMucH » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:40 am

Was wondering about that these past few days if you still had them available. Can you send me a message on how much + shipped to San Jose CA 95122!

Getting tired of the Gen 1.5 lights, I liked them at first but not it seems like too much going on with them.
EkiMucH
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby EkiMucH » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:02 am

Got the Injen on today, almost had it done last night, but the hose was too short.

Short sample video, only mods is this, a TRD muffler and HIDs.

Took it for a short test drive afterwards, maybe it might be just wanting to hear the intake but I noticed the gas gauge going low. But I placed the MAF the same direction it was on the stock intake. I will monitor this for now.
EkiMucH
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Pictures and Videos