[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - SoSleeks Official Photoshop (Chop) Request Thread.
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

SoSleeks Official Photoshop (Chop) Request Thread.

Re: Lexani LX149 Chop Request...

Postby DV8 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:24 pm

stringbean wrote:
DV8 wrote:*Edit* Sorry StringBean, just noticed you're waiting on your all white mock up! I'll take a # and happily wait. lol

oh no problem man, its all good, for the work SoSleek does its worth the wait. and your request sounds like it should come out quite nicely! cant wait! do you own the rims? or looking at buying them or some similar?

I'm definitely in search for my first set of rims, and for some reason these have really caught my attention! I'm not familiar with the brand, but this 'style' is what I'm looking to find (for a reasonable price). Refined but with a slight edge..

Should be interesting to see what SoSleek can pull off with yours too man. The all white direction is the way to go with it, nice choice!
DV8
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: SoSleeks Official Photoshop (Chop) Request Thread.

Postby SoSleek » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:53 am

Stringbean- I will be starting yours today probably. I appreciate your patience.

DV8- like the style of wheels! You you happen to know the brand? Also, what size would you be going with?
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:57 am

They look like Lexani's but i don't see them on their site. My first set of wheels were Lexani's
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:01 am

Nevermind, I found them! The reason I asked is because I wanted to find a pic of them on a car. It helps to be able to cut them right from a vehicle that has them because then it looks more realistic. I will work on both your chops today!
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby stringbean » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:49 am

Awesome thanks! :)
stringbean
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DV8 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:09 pm

*Edited* - Removed pics to save space; links to other pics with Lexanis LX-149 rims remain below.
Opel GT direct link:
http://www.ultratuning.com/en/rim-picture-4-opel-gt-lexani-rt-149.html

BMW direct links:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203221
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201447

I think these Lexani LX-149's were part of the 2009 lineup, so while they're not the "newest & greatest" the companies that are still offering them seem to be discounting their price a bit in consideration to their age. *yet to see info on weight, really any information on these is hard to come by..
I was hoping for a 20" so as to get the most out of last summer's drop, but the more I look at these wheels I'm seeing a 19" as being more fitting.. I could just see a 20" being a little too open on our cars, especially w/o a big brake kit or something fancy to show off behind it all. Then again I'm very new to this so I could be wrong here...

These were the only pics of these I was able to find, so hopefully they'll ease the PS process on your end SoSleek, and thanks for Voluntarily offering this to all of us here at SG!! Very commendable of ya to share the skills..
(I need to start learning myself!)

Thanks again!
and no rush. :wink:
Last edited by DV8 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DV8
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SoSleek » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:55 pm

Big thanks to you DV8 for looking that up for me. I found those images, and they def could have worked, but then after searching all of the google images, i searched the web results and found these pretty decent pics of them mounted on a VW. Check out the chop. I finished the chop before I read your message, but i estimate them to be about 20" in the chop.

Stringbean, here is yours! Sorry for the wait! I think the all white looks SICK!

SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DV8 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:22 pm

SoSleek! :) man thanks so much, this helps tremendously with seeing how the rims would flow with a 2G Solara... and personally, I'm sorta diggin' it! maybe its the sheer sight of new rims on My car, but they seem to fit

What are you thoughts on them post chop? 19's or go for the 20's - your tastes seem really close to my own.

StringBean: Your ride is gonna look killer when it gets out of paint! Can't wait to see it when done man!
DV8
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby stringbean » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:35 pm

Thanks a ton man!
stringbean
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jabraltar » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:33 pm

that looks unreal
Gen 1:Custom stainless catback exhaust,Injen SRI..NGK Iridium plugs,2 10'' Kicker subs in Kicker box,Alpine door speakers, Kicker rear deck speakers,Pioneer amp,18'', Pioneer H/U, Icon rims with Falken tires,HID's,LED everything
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Wed May 04, 2011 3:59 pm

Hey Sleek,

Would you do me the favor of changing the yellow to a black or graphite? Also if you could drop it a few inches, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. If you need a better angle please let me know.
Feel free to go nuts with it. I'm just looking for some ideas.

GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Jabraltar » Tue May 24, 2011 8:41 pm

Hey SoSleek, I have a real easy request for you (I think :lol:) Can you just paint the lower grille a gloss black in this picture whenever you have a chance? If so thanks in advance :)
Gen 1:Custom stainless catback exhaust,Injen SRI..NGK Iridium plugs,2 10'' Kicker subs in Kicker box,Alpine door speakers, Kicker rear deck speakers,Pioneer amp,18'', Pioneer H/U, Icon rims with Falken tires,HID's,LED everything
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby parkc96 » Tue May 24, 2011 9:12 pm

hey sleek i just have one thing to ask... could you please just show me how this would look lowered? thanks! :)

there is a couple different angles to try if you want... thanks in advance!

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 1st Gen Sol » Wed May 25, 2011 12:01 am

I got bored, so here you go.....not the best chop.

1st Gen Sol
Stock Sleeper
Stock Sleeper

Postby parkc96 » Wed May 25, 2011 8:11 am

DAMN! i LOVE that look! thanks sosleek... it makes me wanna start working on the car again and say screw buying a motorcycle! haha

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures and Videos