[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - SoSleeks Official Photoshop (Chop) Request Thread.
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

SoSleeks Official Photoshop (Chop) Request Thread.

Re: SoSleeks Official Photoshop (Chop) Request Thread.

Postby SoSleek » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:16 pm

Jabraltar, this was an easy one :)

2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:42 pm

Parkc96, here is your stripe...also a pretty easy chop. What do you think?

SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Akfahad, you're going to need to post a better pic. It wouldnt even be worth the time to chop that pic because overall the pic is tiny...not only that but the car is so far back in the photo, that it makes it even smaller.
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:07 pm

yaddadaimsayin, Here are a couple of your car. I know you wanted to see how it would look on coils, but didn't specify how low you would like it. I assumed you'd just want to see it with no wheel gap, so i made the tires about even with where the fenders start.

Original
Chop:

Original:
Chop:
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:15 pm

Speedy, if you would like to be able to see the difference between glossy and matte black and CF, etc you will need much better pics than provided. I will need pics that you can see the glares and reflections on the hood. Otherwise no matter how I make it black, it will look matte black because the pics show no reflections. BTW, decide which combination you would like to see, because I'm not going to do each combo on 3 pictures. That would take a long time :) I would consider sticking with just one of the finishes you listed (Carbon Fiber, Gloss or Matte Black). Mixing and matching will give it a unfinished/half assed look. You want it to be consistent so it doesn't look like you cheaped out. Let me know and I will finish your chops.
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:49 pm

Thank you so very much for the chop. That looks incredible. I know for sure now that I'm going to have to go for the black paint job.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SoSleek » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:23 pm

GzNutz wrote:Thank you so very much for the chop. That looks incredible. I know for sure now that I'm going to have to go for the black paint job.

No prob, What's the story on that car? Is it yours? What year/model is it?
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:40 pm

really appreciate the work, sleek. looks like I'll need to get some bigger wheels before slamming it
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SoSleek » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:03 am

SpeedySolara, OK so I was bored and decided to give it a go with the photos you had posted, even though the quality wasnt there. I decided to try pulling some of the existing reflections from the hood the best i could and then enhanced them even more by pulling some of the reflections in the glass on the windsheild and tweaking them to fit the hood. I think it gave good results. From there I adjusted the reflections, and blurred/darkened them to give the hood a Matte finish. Let me know what you think. This took quite a while, so I hope you are OK with just the one photo I adjusted. I chose the one that showed all of the panels you request the best.

Original:

Gloss Black:

Matte Black:
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby parkc96 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:08 am

^^^ matte black FTW! lol and thank you sosleek i had completely forgotten about that idea until i saw that, i kind of like it what does everyone else think? and i think a gloss black stripe would be sweet.

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jabraltar » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:31 pm

SoSleek wrote:Jabraltar, this was an easy one :)

Thanks SoSleek...I forgot that I posted in here with the request and it's funny because I went ahead and did it already and it turned out identical to what you made of it :lol: Thanks again for your time and here's the actual result so some of you guys can realize how accurate his photoshop skills are to the real thing...
Gen 1:Custom stainless catback exhaust,Injen SRI..NGK Iridium plugs,2 10'' Kicker subs in Kicker box,Alpine door speakers, Kicker rear deck speakers,Pioneer amp,18'', Pioneer H/U, Icon rims with Falken tires,HID's,LED everything
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:54 pm

No problem, wish I woulda had the time to get it done for ya before you did it, so you could see what it would look like, but it looks like it turned out sick anyways! Do you have any finished pics? I'd like to see it without the mask, although I don't mind the choice of paper used at all. Was that you keep you entertained between coats? haha
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jabraltar » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:19 pm

No worries! It came out really well except I didn't take the tape off between coats and the Plasti-Dip peeled around the edge, so I ripped it off a couple weeks later because it made me nuts lol I didn't take any pictures because it didn't turn out as well as I wanted, but I plan on redoing it eventually.

As for the choice of paper...I ripped up a Maxim in the thought of my fellow SG members to give them a little extra when I posted the pics :lol:
Gen 1:Custom stainless catback exhaust,Injen SRI..NGK Iridium plugs,2 10'' Kicker subs in Kicker box,Alpine door speakers, Kicker rear deck speakers,Pioneer amp,18'', Pioneer H/U, Icon rims with Falken tires,HID's,LED everything
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:54 am

damn i wish i knew how to photoshop. that chop of speedy's solara is sick! same with the work on mine. I'm trying to find lines that make it looks uneven but its practically flawless.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SoSleek » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:42 pm

yaddadaimsayin wrote:damn i wish i knew how to photoshop. that chop of speedy's solara is sick! same with the work on mine. I'm trying to find lines that make it looks uneven but its practically flawless.

I am a perfectionist...that's why I never want to start a project. haha. It's a good/bad thing. I hope to get a job one day utilizing my photoshop abilities to the full potential. Right now I am a graphic designer...but working for the marketing team at an electrical distributor doesn't allow me to tap into my full potential. I'd love to work for a company like West Coast Customs rendering upcoming project vehicles for celebs.

...Someday
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures and Videos