[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Today is my 2nd Year as a SolaraGuy!
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

Today is my 2nd Year as a SolaraGuy!

Today is my 2nd Year as a SolaraGuy!

Postby jimmm » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:17 am

Visiting the Parthenon at Centennial Park in Nashville, Tennessee, West End Avenue

The Parthenon in Nashville, Tennessee is a full-scale replica of the original Parthenon in Athens. It was built in 1897 as part of the Tennessee Centennial Exposition.

Looking through the top to the top.....
The Tennessee State Capitol, located in Nashville, Tennessee, is the home of the Tennessee legislature, the location of the governor's office, and a National Historic Landmark. Designed by architect William Strickland, it is one of Nashville's most prominent examples of Greek Revival architecture. It is one of only eleven state capitols (along with those of Delaware, Hawaii, Louisiana, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Alaska and Virginia) that does not have a dome.

600 Charlotte Avenue
Nashville, TN 37219

This statue located just outside of the Tennessee state capital depicts Andrew Jackon as "Commander of Victorius Forces at Battle of New Orleans January 8, 1815.
This equestrian statue by Clark Mills was erected by the Tennessee Historical Society, May 20, 1880.
Duplicates of this statue Stand in New Orleans, LA and Washington, DC

Just thought I would share a little history with my SolaraGuy friends on my 2nd Year anniversary. I just got home from spending a few days with my family who live there. Nashville, TN is only 100 miles north of Huntsville, Alabama.
2004 SLE V6 3.3 Desert Sand Mica
jimmm
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Today is my 2nd Year as a SolaraGuy!

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:11 pm

congrats jimm.. you have a great looking solara.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Solarasian » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:33 pm

congrats
Auto SLE V6
6000k VVME Bi-Xenon
GReddy SP2 catback
injen SRI is2030p
Kaminari Lip Kit(stand by)
Tokico hp Struts
Tein S Tech
Solarasian
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby theprodigy79 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:03 pm

Congrats Jim! Very nice scenery and good shots!

Yup, the Jackson statue in DC is in the park in Lafayette Square; identical statue but different base. I pass by it on occasion :-)

Just an interesting afterthought / side note about this statue... It is one of many that disproves the theory of the 'equestrian code' supposedly occuring in battle statues... The code states that if the horse maintains all four hooves on the ground, the rider was uninjured in battle; if the horse has one hoof raised, the rider was injured in battle but died from other causes; and if the horse has both front hooves raised, the rider died in battle. Obviously Andrew Jackson did not die in any battle!

Most of the Gettysburg statues seem to hold true to 'the code', but there is still at least one exception to them as well...

Anyhow, sorry for the diversion! We look forward to congratulating you in another two years as well!

Take care,

-James
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DSM_Lara » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:04 pm

Lol I can see another 2 year coming by and Jim car will still look brand new.
Congrats man.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby cartang » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:09 pm

Nice Jim , its time to take the Solara to the track for exercise :D
[IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj307/cartang1/007-2-1.jpg[/IMG]
Camry 99, 5sp manual, SC,CPE intake,OBX headers, Jim's fuel system,Walbro pump,Greddy exhaust,Exedy 1 clutch,Fidanza flyweel.
Camry 07, V6,TRD cat back,Fujita CAI, GS 430 rims
cartang
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jimmm » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:44 pm

cartang wrote:Nice Jim , its time to take the Solara to the track for exercise :D

Thanks, cartang, but don't think I don't exercise my Solara. I drive it daily and it currently has 96,000 miles on it from the 59,000 it had when I bought it two years ago. I've already replaced the timing belt and water pump, and I'm riding on my second set of tires. I can't help it if it repels dirt. :D

Thanks, DSM_Lara....that is my goal for the next two years and beyond.

Thanks, theprodigy79, for your contribution to my travelogue. Yes, I have seen General Jackson's statue in Lafayette Park many times as well as the one in New Orleans. I appreciate knowing what you wrote about the hoofs off the ground and so forth.

Thanks, Solarasian and Yadda too. I'm proud to be a SolaraGuy.
2004 SLE V6 3.3 Desert Sand Mica
jimmm
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Pictures and Videos